HP Forums
"Wait..." on WP 34S - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: "Wait..." on WP 34S (/thread-15522.html)

"Wait..." on WP 34S - brettpim - 09-01-2020 04:12 PM

I have a WP 34S made from a HP 30b with an IR/USB board. When I use it, most of the time I am getting the "Wait..." message for a non-trivial amount of time for simple operations: putting number on stack, +, - , x, / RCL, swap, etc. My battery voltage was 2.8 which is a bit low so I thought that might be the issue so I connected it to my computer with a USB cable which keeps voltage steady at 3, but I still have the issue. Could I have the calculator in some obscure mode that is causing this?

thanks
brett

RE: "Wait..." on WP 34S - ijabbott - 09-01-2020 06:30 PM

(09-01-2020 04:12 PM)brettpim Wrote:  I have a WP 34S made from a HP 30b with an IR/USB board. When I use it, most of the time I am getting the "Wait..." message for a non-trivial amount of time for simple operations: putting number on stack, +, - , x, / RCL, swap, etc. My battery voltage was 2.8 which is a bit low so I thought that might be the issue so I connected it to my computer with a USB cable which keeps voltage steady at 3, but I still have the issue. Could I have the calculator in some obscure mode that is causing this?

thanks
brett

Maybe it's in a trace printing mode? Try: CF T ( [g] [▾] [×] ).

RE: "Wait..." on WP 34S - brettpim - 09-01-2020 08:16 PM

That seems to have fixed it, thanks

But if Flag T is set by default (p. 175 of Manual_wp_34s_3_1) why did I not see the same problem for first 6 months of calculator's life?

brett

RE: "Wait..." on WP 34S - ijabbott - 09-02-2020 03:33 PM

(09-01-2020 08:16 PM)brettpim Wrote:  That seems to have fixed it, thanks

But if Flag T is set by default (p. 175 of Manual_wp_34s_3_1) why did I not see the same problem for first 6 months of calculator's life?

It's cleared by default:

Code:

| HP-42S | WP 34S | Remarks                                                     |
+--------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| MAN    | CF T   | This print mode is startup default on your WP 34S.          |

RE: "Wait..." on WP 34S - brettpim - 09-02-2020 04:21 PM

Ok, I misinterpreted that line, thanks.