HP Forums
HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program (/thread-167.html)

HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - dizzy - 12-19-2013 05:50 PM

Hi all,

I'm new here and new to the world of HP calculators and I've spent the last few days lusting after various calculators from HP. I'm trying to get a handle on what's possible with the Prime and hp50g before making the difficult decision on which to buy.

Anyway, on to my questions. Hopefully this is a suitable place to ask.

Q1: Is there a way to invoke the matrix editor (MTRW) programmatically on a given list/matrix? I want to show the user a (potentially) long and expanding list at a few points in my program.

Q2: I'd also like a nice way to display the "source" of a program programatically. By this I mean the little listing enclosed in chevrons which resides on the stack immediately after entering a program. I have a program stored in a variable (which can be evaluated, etc.) which I want to display (potentially the user will edit it) and certainly don't want to have to go fishing through the files listing.

Thanks in advance!

RE: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - dizzy - 12-20-2013 02:58 AM

I got there in the end. Problem solved.

RE: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - Marcus von Cube - 12-25-2013 09:42 AM

(12-20-2013 02:58 AM)dizzy Wrote:  I got there in the end. Problem solved.
We'd be interested in how you got there. Can you post some code here, please?

RE: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - dizzy - 01-10-2014 03:56 PM

(12-25-2013 09:42 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  
(12-20-2013 02:58 AM)dizzy Wrote:  I got there in the end. Problem solved.
We'd be interested in how you got there. Can you post some code here, please?

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now.

The matrix editor can be opened with EDITB (if a Matrix is on the stack).

Showing a program is easy too: Just STO it into a variable and then RCL it.

RE: HP50G Programming - display list/matrix and show program - ingab - 10-19-2015 09:18 AM

Hi all,
if you are still interested, these instructions are used for call the matrix writer inside a program:

#A2012h LIBEVAL A STO @ create a matrix and store it in a variable (A)

A @ view A

If you want edit the matrix, alwais inside a program, use these instructions with a soft menu for example:

A
35.1 KEYEVAL
'A' STO

Best regards

Andrea