HP Forums
New beta 22 April - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: New beta 22 April (/thread-16719.html)

Pages: 1 2

New beta 22 April - cyrille de brébisson - 04-22-2021 02:51 PM

Hello,

A new version of the beta should be available in the next couple of hours (once Eric can put it online) at http://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

Here is the change log.
Have a great WE!
Cyrille

NEW FEATURE: add proot wizard

FIXED BUG: add degree of freedon in chi² GOF test

FIXED BUG: solve app, cancel an equation entry with new var caused an error

FIXED BUG: cos(0.5*pi) now returns 0 in home
FIXED BUG: paste of a quoted " did not work
FIXED BUG: in cas view, toolbox/cas/functions yeilded CAS.function()
FIXED BUG: e^24 a b/c yeilded wrong results... This hit the limit of the fraction algo... I have limited fractions to exponent 8 to avoid such issues.

FIXED BUG: problem in program encryption
FIXED BUG: in debuging, watching non existing local variable resulted in crash

FIXED BUG: USBOpen now returns all valid vid/pids to use...
FIXED BUG: print and print2D replace tab by spaces...

FIXED BUG: window draging through the main calcualtor image does not shift anymore

FIXED BUG: python switching from num to symb caused unnessecary "do you want to reimport"
FIXED BUG: python input with user using the +/- key yeilded a HP minus sign. Was replaced by a real '-'
FIXED BUG: python round(3/7,6) yeilded an incorrect result
FIXED BUG: python prime call to rgb returned wrong value
FIXED BUG: python app ON stops a program now
FIXED BUG: python keyboard was reversing data byte per byte
FIXED BUG: some keys provided the wront text in Python
FIXED BUG: switching from python symb to num yeilded continious messages...

RE: New beta 22 April - jonmoore - 04-22-2021 04:42 PM

Many thanks. Looking forward to getting stuck in again.

RE: New beta 22 April - josolla - 04-22-2021 04:46 PM

Upgrading G1 & G2, thanks for the efforts Cyrille.
Love to see the Prime developing further Big Grin

RE: New beta 22 April - calc_freak - 04-22-2021 05:14 PM

Connectivity Kit - Check
Virtual Prime - Check
G2 Prime - Check
G1 Prime - bricked (Stuck on X^2 + Y^2 = 1 screen, Conn Kit says no calculator connected, repeated resets return it to the stuck screen)

Edit: even a full reset with format of drive C, and I'm not alone as the next post indicates

RE: New beta 22 April - josolla - 04-22-2021 05:14 PM

Not sure if this is just me, but after updating G1 it's stuck with the startup eq logo screen (x^2+y^2=1). I'll go back to last firmware.

RE: New beta 22 April - Eric Rechlin - 04-22-2021 05:30 PM

I should have checked here before flashing my G1. Yep, bricked here too.

RE: New beta 22 April - Kevin Ouellet - 04-22-2021 05:34 PM

Yeah I got stuck on the formula screen on my G1 too. I reverted back to the April 16th beta via recovery mode.

RE: New beta 22 April - Wes Loewer - 04-22-2021 05:34 PM

Having the same issue of G1 stuck at x^2+y^2=1 for two different ver A's.

Both were able to go into recovery mode and I was able to downgrade back to their previous versions.

RE: New beta 22 April - calc_freak - 04-22-2021 05:35 PM

And they have pulled the update.

Now, what do us early adopters do to remedy the situation?

RE: New beta 22 April - ggauny@live.fr - 04-22-2021 06:27 PM

Hi,
Here too, stuck on formula screen!
on G1

RE: New beta 22 April - toml_12953 - 04-22-2021 06:34 PM

(04-22-2021 05:35 PM)calc_freak Wrote:  And they have pulled the update.

I'm sure they're working on it. You'll have to wait until the fixed version is ready. They're very responsive so I wouldn't think it would be too long before the fixed G1 beta is up.

RE: New beta 22 April - calc_freak - 04-22-2021 06:41 PM

(04-22-2021 06:34 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  

I'm sure they're working on it. You'll have to wait until the fixed version is ready. They're very responsive so I wouldn't think it would be too long before the fixed G1 beta is up.

My concern is that my G1 is bricked solid. None of the usual fixes work - recovery mode goes right back to the stuck screen, and it never shows up as connected on the Connectivity Kit software. Oh well, live and learn - sometimes beta testing is really alpha testing. LOL

RE: New beta 22 April - churichuro - 04-22-2021 06:42 PM

oh no!, they took my toy!
I will have to buy an HP Prime G2 now,
of course, there is no other choice.

RE: New beta 22 April - josolla - 04-22-2021 06:45 PM

(04-22-2021 06:41 PM)calc_freak Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 06:34 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I'm sure they're working on it. You'll have to wait until the fixed version is ready. They're very responsive so I wouldn't think it would be too long before the fixed G1 beta is up.

My concern is that my G1 is bricked solid. None of the usual fixes work - recovery mode goes right back to the stuck screen, and it never shows up as connected on the Connectivity Kit software. Oh well, live and learn - sometimes beta testing is really alpha testing. LOL

If you reset while pressing symb, hp Connectivity kit should detect the prime in recovery mode (at leas mine did). That being said, i still have not tried to go back to previous firmware (still at work).

RE: New beta 22 April - Wes Loewer - 04-22-2021 06:45 PM

(04-22-2021 05:34 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  Having the same issue of G1 stuck at x^2+y^2=1 for two different ver A's.

Both were able to go into recovery mode and I was able to downgrade back to their previous versions.

You can enable recovery mode by holding down Symb while doing a paper clip reset. Once you are in recovery mode, then after a little while the Connectivity Kit should detect it and offer to upgrade firmware. If it doesn't detect it, try unplugging and replugging in the usb.

RE: New beta 22 April - calc_freak - 04-22-2021 06:48 PM

(04-22-2021 06:45 PM)josolla Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 06:41 PM)calc_freak Wrote:  My concern is that my G1 is bricked solid. None of the usual fixes work - recovery mode goes right back to the stuck screen, and it never shows up as connected on the Connectivity Kit software. Oh well, live and learn - sometimes beta testing is really alpha testing. LOL

If you reset while pressing symb, hp Connectivity kit should detect the prime in recovery mode (at leas mine did). That being said, i still have not tried to go back to previous firmware (still at work).

I hereby award you 10 internets! Thanks for the tip - it worked.

RE: New beta 22 April - BruceH - 04-22-2021 06:52 PM

You should try paperclip reset etc. first but if you're really stuck then this post might help.

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-11270-post-102736.html#pid102736

Edit: beaten to it by Wes while I was trying to find that post. :-)

RE: New beta 22 April - calc_freak - 04-22-2021 06:52 PM

(04-22-2021 06:45 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 05:34 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  Having the same issue of G1 stuck at x^2+y^2=1 for two different ver A's.

You can enable recovery mode by holding down Symb while doing a paper clip reset. Once you are in recovery mode, then after a little while the Connectivity Kit should detect it and offer to upgrade firmware. If it doesn't detect it, try unplugging and replugging in the usb.

You, sir, also are awarded 10 internets. Many thanks for the reply.

RE: New beta 22 April - Wes Loewer - 04-22-2021 07:21 PM

(04-22-2021 02:51 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  NEW FEATURE: add proot wizard

I love the new Probability Wizard and was pleased to see that now there is a new proot wizard, but I think I'm missing something. A Wizard usually does something in a more interactive manner which is great for students, but this one seems to be even more cumbersome than the command line process.

Here are some suggestions that would make it much more usable.
  • Remove the requirement to surround the coefficients in curly brackets. The program should add the curly brackets internally if necessary.
  • Display the roots in a scrollable field so that the user can see them without having to exit the wizard to paste them somewhere else.
  • Allow the user to enter roots in a list and solve for the coefficients (pcoef). You could have a coefficients field and a roots field and a Solve option that could solve for either one, similar to how the Prob Wizard and Triangle Solver work.
  • It would be a big help if the values were persistent so that the next time you launched the Wizard, it would pick up where you left off. Shift-Esc could reset like with other programs. (This would also be a useful feature for the Probability Wizard as well.)

RE: New beta 22 April - Vincent Weber - 04-22-2021 07:41 PM

Hi Cyrille,

Many many thanks for this revival of HP ! Much appreciated.

I'm particularly interested in the Python editor. Just a few questions:

1/(bug) It seems that the "Indent" check has no effect, even if today's build: every new line starts at the left-end, which is ennoying.
2/(feature) Is it planned to auto-indend (shifting the line after ":" on the previous line) ?
3/(features) Is it planned to implement color syntax highlighting and auto-completion ? Would be great.

Thanks and cheers,

Vincent