HP Forums
BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 (/thread-1679.html)

BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - John W Kercheval - 06-21-2014 06:00 PM

There was an old shareware pgm called BASIC 1.0 for the HPO41. Anyone own this?

Any info on it? I always wondered.

RE: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - Ángel Martin - 06-22-2014 06:31 AM

I think I got a copy on an old tape, I remember using it back in the days of yore and the words "slow and limited" come to mind... I'll have a look in "the vault", who knows maybe the tape is still operational.

RE: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - Ángel Martin - 06-23-2014 05:07 AM

well what would you say; found the tape and amazingly enough was still readable!
I've slapped the few programs that were on it into a ROM image (attached).

They came in a WALL file, so SIZE and other considerations may be important. Will scan the program documentation later today (weather permitting) - mind you, it's completely untested so use it at your own risk.

RE: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - John W Kercheval - 06-23-2014 03:40 PM

Thanks! You really know what you are doing

RE: BASIC 1.0 on HP 41 - Ángel Martin - 06-25-2014 06:33 AM

The scanning is done and submitted to TOS - let me know your email if you want a copy as well. The program was written by Per Liedberg in Sweden, is he still around? He submitted it to the UPLE, reference number 112861.

I tried it on the CL - not a bad performance in TURBO 50 mode but excruciatingly slow at normal speed. Very limited command set, but still an interesting program. Shame it doesn't use ASCII files in X-mem, that would have been nicer but I guess it predated the release of the X-Functions.

Cheers,