HP Forums
Loading Graphics to Prime - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Loading Graphics to Prime (/thread-17001.html)

Loading Graphics to Prime - matalog - 05-25-2021 08:01 PM

Has something changed about the way that the Prime handles colours and transparency, since 2013?

I got Deeph's img2prime, and converted a .png file on PC, then pasted the output text into a DIMGROB. You can see the results here vs the results of just loading a .png file directly (the .png loaded directly looks like a chrome ball).

I have also tried loading graphics via Tim Wessman's generator, and the pixels that should have been were not transparent.

Deeph wrote the convertor in PureBasic. I also use PureBasic now and then, and may be able to amend it to work with current colours as the Prime handles them.

Any ideas?

RE: Loading Graphics to Prime - john gustaf stebbins - 05-26-2021 12:37 AM

The color space used to be 16 bit (5 bits per color) but was revised to use 32 bit colors (8 bit per color and alpha).

Some functions took 8 bit per color numbers, but then converted down to the 16 bit format in the graphics objects. As I recall, RGB did this taking three 8 bit numbers and converting to the 16 bit format.

I don't remember exactly when this happened, but I pretty sure it was after 2013. I remember having a few programs that depended on the 16 bit format that had to be fixed.