HP Forums
Is it possible to increase the stack/heap size for native Python(not in CAS)? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to increase the stack/heap size for native Python(not in CAS)? (/thread-17067.html)

Is it possible to increase the stack/heap size for native Python(not in CAS)? - kumat - 06-07-2021 05:11 AM

First, many thanks to HP calculator team for the great upgrade!
I've been working on the brand new native Python for a couple of days, tested same Mandelbrot code(almost) on both HP Prime G2 and TI Nspire CX II CAS, G2 is insanely faster(nearly 5 hundreds times)!

When I was trying to implement a Game Of Life, I defined an array of more than 320x240x2 elements, I got an error complaining it was over the size of stack.

I searched this forum and got a solution for CAS Python, like:
#python("name",stackSize,heapSize)

I tried in native Python, but unfortunately not working.

Could somebody figure me out how to resize the stack?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Is it possible to increase the stack/heap size for native Python(not in CAS)? - Dougggg - 06-07-2021 01:26 PM

There is a heap/stack settings if you do

Shift Plot

RE: Is it possible to increase the stack/heap size for native Python(not in CAS)? - kumat - 06-07-2021 02:45 PM

Thank you very much, Dougggg!
Shift+Plot means “Setup”, I can set either size of them, and can also check the size of available memory, so convenient!