HP Forums
New firmware for G2 20211126 - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: New firmware for G2 20211126 (/thread-17762.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New firmware for G2 20211126 - jte - 12-22-2021 09:47 PM

(12-22-2021 09:38 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(12-22-2021 07:36 PM)jte Wrote:  Klaas above mentioned sending him bug reports. Another option is for me to create an account for you on the bug tracker. With an account, you can enter bug reports directly and be notified automatically by email when progress is made on the bug report. Let me know if you would like an account.

Suggest you create a new thread to explain this, with a catchy title something like “How to report Prime bugs using the official bug-tracking system” and include some guidelines about what information should be included with each report, etc. so that all interested members will see it and sign-up properly, not just those that happen to see this comment in a long and meandering thread.

And thanks for offering to do this.

Great idea! Wink Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll do so soon. The tracker has been up for a little while now, but I only recently-ish got email (and SPF and DKIM) running on the server (and plugged into the tracker, for ticket email notifications to be sent automatically). Today is a busy day for me, getting ready for the holidays… (Oh: I also thought a smaller initial group would help get wrinkles ironed out before more people join in.)

RE: New firmware for G2 20211126 - rprosperi - 12-23-2021 04:33 AM

(12-22-2021 09:47 PM)jte Wrote:  
(12-22-2021 09:38 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Suggest you create a new thread to explain this, with a catchy title something like “How to report Prime bugs using the official bug-tracking system” and include some guidelines about what information should be included with each report, etc. so that all interested members will see it and sign-up properly, not just those that happen to see this comment in a long and meandering thread.

And thanks for offering to do this.

Great idea! Wink Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll do so soon. The tracker has been up for a little while now, but I only recently-ish got email (and SPF and DKIM) running on the server (and plugged into the tracker, for ticket email notifications to be sent automatically). Today is a busy day for me, getting ready for the holidays… (Oh: I also thought a smaller initial group would help get wrinkles ironed out before more people join in.)

That all makes sense, there's nothing urgent about this, I just didn't want such a helpful offer to be missed by folks that want to help out. Make the suggested post after the holidays and once you've got the wrinkles out; new participants will be more willing to contribute if all goes smoothly when they submit their initial reports.

RE: New firmware for G2 20211126 - Elias - 12-23-2021 06:34 AM

Hi Klaas and jte,

Thank you for your help!

(12-22-2021 07:36 PM)jte Wrote:  
(12-02-2021 12:22 PM)Elias Wrote:  There is a similar Bug for all firmware versions with Python (with physical device G2 and also in the simulator):

Directly after running a Python program the cursor key does not work and the soft key more in the Program menu triggers a reboot.
If you press directly after the Python program the Home button and then Program (Shift 1) again, there are no errors.

I’ve just tried this with a very short Python program, but didn’t experience the problem. (From my experience playing around with the UI of the Python app, my general impression is that it seems that some needed initialization is missing within parts of the Python app’s implementation, as changing the order in which views are visited, and the presence / absence of data, affects the app’s behaviour. [Whether it reboots / hangs or not.] Entering a bit of source code, turning off the calculator / visiting other views [such as Help, or pressing the Views key] can help get it towards working properly.)

I've found that the bug only occurs when using Python's input() method. Here's an example:

Code:
#PYTHON name
a = 'Python'
a = input('Input a word: ')
print(a)
#end
EXPORT input_bug()
BEGIN
  PRINT;
  PYTHON(name);
END;

If you remove or comment out the line "a = input('Input a word: ')", the error does not occur.

(12-22-2021 07:36 PM)jte Wrote:  Klaas above mentioned sending him bug reports. Another option is for me to create an account for you on the bug tracker. With an account, you can enter bug reports directly and be notified automatically by email when progress is made on the bug report. Let me know if you would like an account.

Yes, Please create me an account. I also sent you a PM.