HP Forums
Firmware upgrade - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Firmware upgrade (/thread-19199.html)

Firmware upgrade - forexbob - 11-25-2022 12:27 AM

This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Many moons ago I read many horror stories of upgrades gone bad and people losing their calculators. Every time I connect my Prime to the CK it asks me if I want to upgrade and I always decline, having those horror stories in the back of my mind.

So the question is: At this date, is the current firmware upgrade safe? I have but one Prime and can't afford another.

Thanks

Bob

RE: Firmware upgrade - rprosperi - 11-25-2022 12:42 AM

(11-25-2022 12:27 AM)forexbob Wrote:  This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Many moons ago I read many horror stories of upgrades gone bad and people losing their calculators. Every time I connect my Prime to the CK it asks me if I want to upgrade and I always decline, having those horror stories in the back of my mind.

So the question is: At this date, is the current firmware upgrade safe? I have but one Prime and can't afford another.

Thanks

Bob

It may or may not update properly, depending on which version(s) of f/w and ConnKit you have installed. Foolproof versions of these (and the virtual calculator) have not yet been released so I would stay with what you have for the time being. We're all hoping for a Prime f/w Christmas Present....

RE: Firmware upgrade - forexbob - 11-25-2022 12:48 AM

(11-25-2022 12:42 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-25-2022 12:27 AM)forexbob Wrote:  This may have been covered already but I couldn't find anything, so here goes...

Thanks

Bob

It may or may not update properly, depending on which version(s) of f/w and ConnKit you have installed. Foolproof versions of these (and the virtual calculator) have not yet been released so I would stay with what you have for the time being. We're all hoping for a Prime f/w Christmas Present....

Thanks Bob

RE: Firmware upgrade - J.Morningwood - 12-26-2022 03:14 AM

No upgrade yet

RE: Firmware upgrade - jfelten - 12-27-2022 03:44 PM

Evidently so. I am honestly rather disappointed by the pace at which the FW development is going. Back in September, they promised that it would be released within a few weeks. Since then, it's been almost 4 months...