HP Forums
Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available (/thread-19576.html)

Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - Eddie W. Shore - 02-19-2023 04:03 AM

For details:
https://www.numworks.com/calculator/update/version-20/

Highlights:

* Separate Finance and Distribution Applications

* Pressing the divide key [ ÷ ] prior to number entry cycles between: Ans divided by denominator, fraction, mixed fraction.

* Pressing the Home Key then the 0 key gets the shortcut to Settings

* The new Elements app is available. We can display each element by its family, s/p/d/f blocks, type of metals, molar mass, electronegativity, melting temperature, boiling temperature, and atomic radius. Each attribute is shown separately.

* When a value is highlighted in any app, except in Python, pressing [ shift ] (sto→) will give you a prompt to store the amount in a variable. As a reminder, variables can have more than one character.

* In the Grapher app, points of interest (zeroes/roots, minima, maxima, points of inflection, etc.) will have black dots.

* Also in the Grapher app, the ability to find integrals is added to the toolbox.

* Inverse trig functions are now labeled as arcsin, arccos, and arctan.

* Degree and degree minute second templates are loaded from the Toolbox > Units and constants > Length and angle > Angle submenu.

* Additional information is added to angle, trigonometric, and vector calculations.

* We can add and subtract percents directly.

There seems to not be additions to the Python programming module (yet).

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - DMaier - 02-20-2023 02:22 AM

On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - Eddie W. Shore - 02-20-2023 02:01 PM

Not yet, I only have the N0110 version.

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - toml_12953 - 02-20-2023 05:48 PM

(02-20-2023 02:22 AM)DMaier Wrote:  On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).

Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - DMaier - 02-20-2023 06:15 PM

(02-20-2023 05:48 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

Ti-Planet, actually, although my French isn't really up to the task... (I got there by wondering if they weren't due for a new model, and searching for N0120.)

La NumWorks N0120 surpuissante débarque enfin en France !

There are a few unboxing videos, but it doesn't look like much different from the N0110, other than N0120 is in a much larger font.

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - agarza - 02-20-2023 06:31 PM

(02-20-2023 05:48 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-20-2023 02:22 AM)DMaier Wrote:  On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).

Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

On the Portugal page: https://www.numworks.com/pt/comprar/
Model N0120 EX is mentioned.

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - thenozone - 02-26-2023 09:33 PM

a guy called Concrete Dog on youtube, posted a video "Numworks N0120 Calculator Show and Tell"
not much about it but i was surprised there was a new version.

RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available - Eddie W. Shore - 02-26-2023 10:30 PM

(02-26-2023 09:33 PM)thenozone Wrote:  a guy called Concrete Dog on youtube, posted a video "Numworks N0120 Calculator Show and Tell"
not much about it but i was surprised there was a new version.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYE9B5MCKQ0