HP Forums
Autoscale from program call - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Autoscale from program call (/thread-19826.html)

Autoscale from program call - ftneek - 04-18-2023 08:01 AM

I created a function to insert a n points into the Statistics 2Var app and starts the plot view. But is there a way I can also get it to trigger autoscale from the function call? It's a little inconvenient to have some extra button presses each time.

For reference, I'm trying to recreate a plot I saw on youtube. I would also like to see if I can "animate" it by adding the points one by one, but I have I feeling I might need to invest some time learning how to use the geometry app for that.

Code:
EXPORT polar_graph(n)
BEGIN

L1:=MAKELIST(X*e^(X*i),X,1,n);
C1:=RE(L1);
C2:=IM(L1);
STARTAPP("Statistics 2Var");
STARTVIEW(1);

END;

RE: Autoscale from program call - gehakte_bits - 04-18-2023 01:17 PM

In 'Statistics 2Var' it is the second 'View' menu entry, thus STARTVIEW(9,1) should do. (first special view is 8, second special view (autoscale) is 9.)

RE: Autoscale from program call - ftneek - 04-18-2023 04:44 PM

That did it, thanks.

Previously I had tried 10 instead since the help screen for startview mentioned autoscale, but now I know the special views correspond to the zoom options starting from label A. Much appreciated.

RE: Autoscale from program call - ftneek - 04-18-2023 06:19 PM

Actually now I'm trying to do basically the same thing, but in the geometry app. Could you suggest how to trigger autoscale in the geometry app? I'm having a little difficulty figuring it out since it doesn't appear to be a "special view".

RE: Autoscale from program call - gehakte_bits - 04-19-2023 01:09 PM

Geometry app appears 'merely' as a 321*220 window you move around (Xmin,Ymin) and zoom in with PixSize. You have to roll your own based on what object you want to see/zoom in.