HP Forums
App order keeps resetting - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: App order keeps resetting (/thread-19881.html)

App order keeps resetting - tppytel - 05-01-2023 03:37 PM

I have my app sorting set to "Fixed" and I used tap-and-drag to sort them the way I like. But several times now they've reset and lost my sort order. They don't appear to reset immediately and they will persist through a power off. But eventually they reset. I can't see what I'm doing to trigger it. Any ideas?

RE: App order keeps resetting - byoung - 05-03-2023 06:33 PM

I don't think you're doing anything to trigger it - this appears to be a known issue (I'm fairly new to the Prime, so I don't know the entire history). I have a revision D machine with the recently released firmware update and I see the same thing. I get "ghost apps" (apps that I have previously deleted reappear) which I have to delete, and then I have to reset the app order manually. I think this is a memory issue that has to be fixed, not anything the user is causing.

RE: App order keeps resetting - tppytel - 05-04-2023 03:44 AM

Interesting. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Would be nice for usability if it could be fixed... doesn't seem like it could too subtle a bug to track down, and it's certainly convenient to rearrange apps. I PM'd Tim to see if it's on HP's tracker.

RE: App order keeps resetting - Thomas_Sch - 05-04-2023 10:12 AM

(05-04-2023 03:44 AM)tppytel Wrote:  Interesting. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Would be nice for usability if it could be fixed... doesn't seem like it could too subtle a bug to track down, and it's certainly convenient to rearrange apps. I PM'd Tim to see if it's on HP's tracker.
You better should PM jte & Mr. Klaas Kuperus from Moravia.
The calculator business is handed over to Moravia, Tim and others is now longer involved.

RE: App order keeps resetting - Didier Lachieze - 05-04-2023 01:27 PM

For people interested in reporting bugs on the HP Prime, you can refer to this post to request access to the bug tracker.

(Just referencing an earlier post from jte)