HP Forums
BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" (/thread-2011.html)

BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" - walter b - 08-24-2014 01:35 PM

Finally succeeded hunting down this Braun pocket calculator (model 4769) of the early Nineties, featuring Dieter Rams' design. Luckily, I got it for reasonable money. Although it's just a 4-banger, it's not only a real pleasure for the eyes but also showing an interesting concept of storing the last n calculations for repeating and editing.

It came, however, without an instruction sheet, and I can't find any in the internet. I know it exists, hence the question - does anybody here have access to a scan? Would be interesting to learn about the full features and limits of that cute little calculator. TIA for any relevant information.

d:-)

RE: BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" - Thomas Klemm - 08-25-2014 01:17 AM

(08-24-2014 01:35 PM)walter b Wrote:  It came, however, without an instruction sheet, and I can't find any in the internet. I know it exists, hence the question - does anybody here have access to a scan?

(08-10-2014 09:06 AM)walter b Wrote:  I think we should ask (...) for permission (whoever owns the copyright), shouldn't we?

RE: BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" - walter b - 08-25-2014 03:32 AM

FYI, that 'problem' is none in this case: BRAUN made its profits by selling its products. Their instruction sheets were often just single sheets, folded many times, and were - IIRC - available through them at no charge at all for that reason. BRAUN changed its owner a few years ago (a different story) - the brand still makes its profits by selling its products. I checked their website and said sheet is just not available there anymore.

d:-/

(Meine Aussage haben Sie verkürzt und aus ihrem Zusammenhang gerissen. Durch simples Vergleichen sollten auch Sie den Unterschied erkennen können.)

RE: BRAUN ET90 "Protocol" - jebem - 08-30-2014 08:53 PM

Is this one?
It looks exquisite indeed, and apparently sold at very high prices in the TAS.
Nice 4-line display... I wish the WP-34S could use this type of visor instead of the HP-20/30B series.

[Image: 12-783-35_1.jpg] [Image: 12-783-35_2.jpg]
Images from:
BRAUN ET90 4769 "Protocol"