HP Forums
HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves (/thread-20706.html)

HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves - Lukas - 10-25-2023 10:23 PM

Do the instructions from this PDF file work for you?

When I enter the formula mentioned in the instructions my HP Prime just tells me: "Error: X/0"

Most likely I'm just doing something wrong, but I just cannot figure out what. So it would be great if someone could confirm that the instructions work for them. Thank you in advance.

RE: HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves - Xorand - 10-26-2023 02:36 AM

Works for me. You have to be careful and use the correct number of right-clicks on the circular wheel to move out of the various fractions and powers. Example, after pressing X^Y key and entering 5, click right once to move out of the power to press the * key.

After typing the power for e, you'll have to click right twice to get to the part where you type in - 1.

Before committing the equation, it should look exactly like the one in the pictures in the reference PDF.

Tested on a physical HP Prime G2 with latest firmware.

Here are the full keystrokes. (Right) means click the right side of the circular wheel.

[4] [.] [9] [9] [2] [EEX] [+/-] [2] [4] [/] [ALPHA] [X] [X^Y] [5] (Right) [*] [( )] [e^x] [0] [.] [0] [1] [4] [3] [9] [/] [ALPHA] [X] [*] [7] [0] [0] [0] (Right) (Right) [-] [1]

RE: HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves - Lukas - 10-26-2023 07:47 AM

Thank you very much for your detailed reply!

It enabled me to figure out what I was doing wrong. First of all I entered the equation in Home, which i thought would be okay, since it still said "Function" on top. One apparently needs to press [Symb] though and enter the equation there. Which makes sense given that you want to plot it later on.

Your post also made me realize that there is a dedicated [EEX] key. Previously I wrote [ALPHA] [E] instead, which works, but is cumbersome. Instead of [ALPHA] [X] I used [x t theta n], but both approaches seem to work.

If someone else stumbles across this later on: Make sure to press [Shift] [Plot] after you have entered your equations to enter the details about how to set up the plot. Make sure to use the correct numbers. The range for x for example isn't from 0 to 1.5, but from 0 to 1.5E-6 etc.