HP Forums
If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Forum Issues and Administration (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? (/thread-20788.html)

If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - MickM - 11-07-2023 12:08 AM

Subject says it all :-)

RE: If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - HP-12C - 11-07-2023 02:53 AM

By default under the forum Control Panel settings someone should receive an email when you send them a PM.

RE: If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - MickM - 11-07-2023 02:57 PM

OK thanks. I guess I was confused when my first PM response was about 4 days after I sent it and the respondent replied by saying "Sorry for my late reply, I don't check private messages here very often."

RE: If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - StephenG1CMZ - 11-07-2023 04:43 PM

If you look in "User CP/Edit Options", users of the forum can select whether to be alerted and whether to be emailed.

RE: If you PM somebody do they get an email alerting them? - MickM - 11-07-2023 06:44 PM

Thanks - I do see that now. Also, and this sounds kind of lame, but I thought "Edit Options" pertained to my available options for the action of Editing. If it was entitled "Forum Options" I would have known right away to look there. Also, I didn't (at first glance) know User CP meant User Control Panel - I guess I'm used to seeing the simple word Preferences or Settings. I'm not pushing to change anything, just apologizing for the abnormal way my brain apparently works :-).