HP Forums
can you detect virtual vs physical calculator in a program? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: can you detect virtual vs physical calculator in a program? (/thread-21403.html)

can you detect virtual vs physical calculator in a program? - dmh - 03-05-2024 03:33 AM

I have a Python program that runs much faster on the virtual Prime cf the physical Prime so I was hoping there was some programmatical way to detect one vs the other, either natively in Python or via hpprime.eval().

I note that Help, About shows "Hardware: Emu" but I can't find this in a variable.

Is this possible?

RE: can you detect virtual vs physical calculator in a program? - Joe Horn - 03-05-2024 04:02 AM

Try the command VERSION(2). It returns the hardware version ("A", "C", or "D") on physical calculators. It might return "Emu" on your virtual machine.

RE: can you detect virtual vs physical calculator in a program? - dmh - 03-05-2024 04:44 AM

Perfect - it works :-)

Thank you!

(03-05-2024 04:02 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Try the command VERSION(2). It returns the hardware version ("A", "C", or "D") on physical calculators. It might return "Emu" on your virtual machine.