HP Forums
Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version (/thread-21744.html)

Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - nickapos - 05-15-2024 04:29 AM

Hey guys I was trying today to export the state of my plus42 calculator in order to restore it in my laptop and I could not find the file export menu on my iPhone.
I can find it in my android phone but not the iPhone.
What am I missing here?

RE: Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - Thomas Okken - 05-15-2024 08:15 AM

On iOS, you can use Apple's Files app to access state files. They are under On My iPhone → Plus42 → config.

Another option is to use sharing: in Plus42, go to Main Menu → States → (select state file) → More → Share.

Both of these options work with Free42 as well.

RE: Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - nickapos - 05-15-2024 11:49 AM

Cheers Thomas, there must have been a glitch because when I tried that in the more option I could only see the option to create a new state file. Not I can see the share option as well.

RE: Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - Thomas Okken - 05-15-2024 12:03 PM

That's not a glitch -- the More menu only shows the options that are relevant for the state file that is currently selected. If no state file is selected, the only option available is New.

RE: Missing file export menu on plus42 iPhone version - nickapos - 05-15-2024 06:48 PM

I see, that is not clear in the documentation. I checked and the instructions are most likely referring to the desktop version, I missed the step where I actually need to select a state. I thought that the state I am currently using should be "active"
In any case thank you very much for the help.