HP Forums
HP-25C Eumulator - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: HP-25C Eumulator (/thread-2175.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - vk6ti - 04-03-2015 12:31 AM

Thanks Jim,
Just PM me payment details when your ready
Regards
Ray

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - eamonn - 04-06-2015 03:40 AM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for organizing the group order. I would like to purchase an assembled NP-25. Just let me know how to send payment.

Thanks,

Eamonn.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 04-06-2015 08:47 AM

Ok Eamonn. You're on the list for 1 assembled unit! I'll let you know it's ready to ship. I've got just a few more parts on their way to me and they should be here shortly.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - mwthomasjr - 04-06-2015 02:40 PM

Jim,

Thanks for taking on this task. I would also like to purchase an assembled NP-25.

Thank you,

Milton

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 04-08-2015 01:23 AM

Hi mwthomasjr. I have you down for 1 assembled NP-25. I'll send you a private email with details on ordering, PayPal and shipping. I'm only waiting on a few more parts to come in.
Cheers!
Jim J.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 04-25-2015 04:34 AM

Sorry for the long delay in posting an update on the next batch of NP-25 calculators. I just finished flashing the micro (yea...success!). Started to assemble one of the pcb's and suddenly found out that the Chinese vendor sent the wrong push buttons! They are too large. If I can post the pic, you'll see the button on the left is much bigger than the one on the right. The one on the right is the original push button. These new, larger buttons are taller too. The pcb's came in really fast, with no problems. I finally got all of the other components and the last pieces arrived this week (see other picture with components ready to go). I'm a bit embarrassed on the button issue because I didn't look at them closely when they arrived. I hope I can source them quickly and pay for expedited shipping. Stay tuned.
[attachment=1907] [attachment=1906]

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - vk6ti - 04-25-2015 08:38 AM

Jim,
There is no pressure from this end, I just appreciate that you are doing this,
Just PM me when ready with payment details
Ray

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Helix - 05-04-2015 11:41 PM

I've just discovered this project today. Why such a bad title for this thread? It's not a simple emulator, but a hardware emulator, which is very different! I thought it was only a firmware emulator, so I never opened this thread…

Maybe I will be interested. Can someone tell me if the keyboard is better than the SwissMicro DM-15?

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 05-05-2015 12:09 AM

(05-04-2015 11:41 PM)Helix Wrote:  Can someone tell me if the keyboard is better than the SwissMicro DM-15?

At this point, the momentary push buttons are rather inexpensive to keep the costs low. Thirty-two of anything times a few cents adds up quite quickly. That's why the price of the kit is $30 + shipping, USD. And assembled units are $40 + shipping, USD. The buttons could be upgraded, but I haven't done an exhaustive search on the buttons.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Nigel (UK) - 05-05-2015 11:28 AM

(05-04-2015 11:41 PM)Helix Wrote:  I've just discovered this project today. Why such a bad title for this thread? It's not a simple emulator, but a hardware emulator, which is very different! I thought it was only a firmware emulator, so I never opened this thread…

Maybe I will be interested. Can someone tell me if the keyboard is better than the SwissMicro DM-15?

The keyboard is better on this than on the DM-15; these are real buttons! No squeaky layer that sounds as though it is coming unstuck all the time (although, in fairness, my DM-15 keyboard works correctly nearly all of the time). The pictures show that this emulator doesn't have a case, so you can't really rest it on a table and press the buttons, but if that isn't a problem for you then it works fine. It is small, but not too small to use.

Nigel (UK)

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Helix - 05-05-2015 10:23 PM

Thanks Nigel.

I know that it's not designed to be one's main calculator, but it seems to be a pleasant toy. I still have to think before confirming my registration on the list.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - PANAMATIK - 05-05-2015 11:20 PM

(05-05-2015 10:23 PM)Helix Wrote:  Thanks Nigel.

I know that it's not designed to be one's main calculator, but it seems to be a pleasant toy. I still have to think before confirming my registration on the list.

It is a very pleasant toy. You don't have to think much! Confirm your registration. It is cheap too. And you will have fun.

Of course, You need a completely different calculator for your daily work.

Bernhard

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 05-06-2015 11:28 PM

So good news and less good news. The good news is that I received 300 of the push button switches from my supplier today. More should be on the way too. This means I have all the parts to ship out kits to those folks who ordered kits. I've already soldered the surface mount CR2032 battery holder onto the back of the pcb and I've programmed the MSP430 micro with the NP-25 code.

Now for the less than good news. I'm on vacation for the next four days and then when I get back, I have a day before I leave for a business trip for another four days. When I return on Friday, May 15th, I throw clothes in a suitcase for the Dayton Hamvention in Dayton, Ohio for that weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun). If anyone has the unlikely chance of being in Dayton, I can sell you an NP-25 kit there. But you'll need to let me know ahead of time since I'll have about 2 hours to prepare to bring parts to the Hamvention. Otherwise, I'm not planning on bringing any with me.

I'll return to sanity by Monday, May 18th and begin to assemble NP-25 kits and build up a few assembled units for anyone who's interested. Thanks for your patience. Just a few more weeks to go and things will return to normal.

To those who expressed interest in NP-25 kits and/or assembled units, I'll send out instructions in a private email regarding payment (PayPal) and requesting physical mailing addresses.
Cheers.....Jim J.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Sukiari - 05-07-2015 10:00 PM

(05-06-2015 11:28 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  To those who expressed interest in NP-25 kits and/or assembled units, I'll send out instructions in a private email regarding payment (PayPal) and requesting physical mailing addresses.
Cheers.....Jim J.

I hope it's not too late to get an assembled unit! Please count me in if it's at all possible.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Geoff Quickfall - 05-08-2015 06:35 AM

(05-05-2015 11:20 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Of course, You need a completely different calculator for your daily work.

Bernhard

yes, like an HC 29E with IR printing!

:-)

Will be in London at the HPCC meeting tomorrow and will showing the HP 25C emulator to the crowd along with two HP 25Es and one HC 29E along with two newly assembled WP 34s and a WP 31s.

Should be a fun day..

Geoff

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - PANAMATIK - 05-08-2015 06:46 AM

(05-08-2015 06:35 AM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 11:20 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Of course, You need a completely different calculator for your daily work.

Bernhard

yes, like an HC 29E with IR printing!

:-)

Will be in London at the HPCC meeting tomorrow and will showing the HP 25C emulator to the crowd along with two HP 25Es and one HC 29E along with two newly assembled WP 34s and a WP 31s.

Should be a fun day..

Geoff

For this purpose I'm sorry that I forgot to equip the new ACT with an HDMI video output for a professional presentation. But have a fun day anyway! Smile

Bernhard

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 05-19-2015 01:45 AM

RE: HP-25C Emulator

I'm finally off my rapid travel schedule and back home for a bit. The Dayton Hamvention was great! If you have never been there, you should plan to go at least once.

I had ordered and received 1 batch of 10 pcbs. I have all the components for the 10 units and/or kits.

V3 1.0 batch list
vk6ti x 2(k), eamonn x1, mwthomasjr x1, Sukiari x1 (3 assembled units + 2 kits)

Please PayPal me the total w/ the email address I PM to you. Please put this in title / description
. NP25V3B1.0 x1(k) for <forum name> (ex. NP24V3B1.0 x2(k) for vk6ti) or,
. NP25V3B1.0 x1 for <forum name> (NP25V3B1.0 x1 for 1 assembled unit, etc)

. assembled units are US$40, kits are US$30. Remember all prices are in U.S. dollars.
. shipping for U.S. is $3, USD, rest of the world is $8.
. enter your shipping name and address via paypal.

* I will acknowledge with a post in this thread instead of replying individual PMs / emails.

If there are additional requests after I close the batch, I will have to check my stock to see if they can be fulfilled. I have substantial inventory of the passive devices so the PCBs are the only long lead time item. And I can get those fairly quickly if I pay an expedited shipping charge.

I will be sending PM's to those listed above.
Cheers....Jim J.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - Helix - 05-19-2015 10:22 PM

If it is not too late, I would like to order an assembled NP-25.
Thanks.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - jjohnson873 - 05-20-2015 12:33 AM

Hello Helix:
I have you down for one assembled NP-25.
Cheers......Jim J.

(05-19-2015 10:22 PM)Helix Wrote:  If it is not too late, I would like to order an assembled NP-25.
Thanks.

RE: HP-25C Eumulator - HPguy - 05-20-2015 03:44 AM

Thank you for the PM Jim. Please put me down for one assembled NP-25 if possible.

Thanks.