HP Forums
HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay? (/thread-21937.html)

HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay? - Martin Hepperle - 06-23-2024 06:50 AM

Recently, I acquired two new HP 39gs (I could not resist the 4€ sales offer).
After playing with its limited HP 38G-like language and variable handling I think I have to convert it to newRPL.

NewRPL seems to be the best way to make better use of the HP 39gs keyboard and display, even if its RAM may be a bit small.

The main problem is the different keyboard layout. Are there any keyboard stickers available? Do they stay on these small keys?

I have converted for my own use some HP-20b and 30b into WP34S, but I never mad the stickers myself.
There seems to be little information about suitable printers and which material works best.
I see these small Cricut cutter machines which seem to be the right tool for cutting these stickers.
What are the alternative options?

Martin

RE: HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay? - Steve Simpkin - 06-23-2024 08:37 AM

See the following thread for availability of vinyl overlays and key stickers. Ordering instructions are at the bottom of the first post.
Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants available!

RE: HP 39gs to newRPL - Keyboard Overlay? - Martin Hepperle - 06-24-2024 10:23 AM

Steve,

thank you, somehow I missed this thread. It contains all I need to know and if ready made overlays are available I will not have to make my own.

Martin