HP Forums
Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures (/thread-22207.html)

Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - borjam - 08-21-2024 02:28 PM

I just received the Museum flash drive and there was something I recalled from the 80's: A brochure I had in Spanish stated that the HP-10C had the gamma funtion. It does not, though.

And indeed, the blue brochures (Achieve better results, etc) state that the 10C has gamma.

Just amusing.

(Unfortunately I no longer have that brochure although I see it has been scanned in English, Spanish and German at least).

RE: Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - Thomas Klemm - 08-21-2024 03:44 PM

(08-21-2024 02:28 PM)borjam Wrote:  A brochure I had in Spanish stated that the HP-10C had the gamma function.

Here we go: HP-10C
Quote:The program fits neatly into the calculator, with the only down side being its slow speed of execution; obtaining a result may take up to two minutes.

RE: Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - borjam - 08-22-2024 06:24 AM

Thank you! I know the page.

I just mentioned it because I found it amusing to see this mistake in HP literature. It appears on the "Achieving Better Results" brochures. The error appears on the HP-10C description and the specifications summary (it says it supports Factorial and Gamma).

For the record, I own a HP-10C and indeed it does not support Gamma.

RE: Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - Thomas Klemm - 08-22-2024 06:50 AM

(08-22-2024 06:24 AM)borjam Wrote:  For the record, I own a HP-10C and indeed it does not support Gamma.

I know:
\(
\begin{array}{|l|c|c|c|}
\hline
\textbf{Statistical} & \textbf{HP-10C} & \textbf{HP-11C} & \textbf{HP-15C} \\\hline
\text{Factorial} & \text{Yes} &\textbf{Yes} & \textbf{Yes} \\\hline
\text{Gamma} & \text{-} & \textbf{Yes} & \textbf{Yes} \\\hline
\end{array}
\)

RE: Curious mistake in the Voyagers brochures - rprosperi - 08-22-2024 11:39 AM

Thanks Thomas, I never realized (or completely forgot) the 11C had Gamma, though I have more than one of these. I've long thought only the 15C had it among the Voyagers.