HP Forums
PX41CX: Strange disply change - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: PX41CX: Strange disply change (/thread-22229.html)

PX41CX: Strange disply change - rawi - 08-27-2024 08:05 AM

Hi,

I tried my new PX41CX and it worked really well and I like it.
But one strange thing occured with the display: I used a program with 8 MHz speed on battery and it ran quite well (execution time 6.25 minutes). Then I ran the same program with the same parameters with 32 MHz speed and power supply attached for testing purposes. The program ran through with the same results. But during the run the flying bird fell apart in a lower and upper part and the disply switched to light characters on dark background. How can I switch back to dark characters on light background?

Thank you!

RE: PX41CX: Strange disply change - agarza - 08-27-2024 05:31 PM

(08-27-2024 08:05 AM)rawi Wrote:  Hi,

I tried my new PX41CX and it worked really well and I like it.
But one strange thing occured with the display: I used a program with 8 MHz speed on battery and it ran quite well (execution time 6.25 minutes). Then I ran the same program with the same parameters with 32 MHz speed and power supply attached for testing purposes. The program ran through with the same results. But during the run the flying bird fell apart in a lower and upper part and the disply switched to light characters on dark background. How can I switch back to dark characters on light background?

Thank you!

Try pressing the reset button to erase everything and initiate a fresh restart. Be sure to back up your data before resetting.

Could you provide more details on what led to this issue?
Please share information about your setup, the program you were running, and whether the USB cable was connected to a PC.
It's possible that the display, which shares the serial port, received a command from the PC to invert the display.

RE: PX41CX: Strange disply change - rawi - 08-27-2024 07:13 PM

Thank you very much for your fast answer.
Yes, the calculator was connected to the computer.
Unfortunately I could not save the program, since CoolTerm did not work. I do not have a standard serial port but only a standard USB interface and I have to learn how to define this as a serial port. So the back up was not possible.

Could you give some additional information how to use CoolTerm?

The reset worked but the program was gone, which I wanted to avoid.

RE: PX41CX: Strange disply change - Pierre - 08-27-2024 07:24 PM

(08-27-2024 07:13 PM)rawi Wrote:  I do not have a standard serial port but only a standard USB interface and I have to learn how to define this as a serial port.

If you are on a Windows system you must have the "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" driver installed and configured.
See page 20 and following of the PX-41CX manual.
Pierre

RE: PX41CX: Strange disply change - krischik - 09-03-2024 06:43 AM

(08-27-2024 07:13 PM)rawi Wrote:  Unfortunately I could not save the program, since CoolTerm did not work.

Yesterday I came up with an alternative for CoolTerm:

https://calculator-scripts.sourceforge.io/px-41cx/dump/

I did it for macOS but since it's Python it should work for Linux or Windows as well.