HP Forums
Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? (/thread-2714.html)

Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Michael de Estrada - 12-27-2014 07:35 PM

It's getting close. Whereas the official MSRP of the Prime is $20 more than the 50g, street pricing of the Prime has been dropping steadily, but the 50g has been increasing lately. I just checked prices on Amazon and the Prime is selling for $94.99, whereas the 50g is $92.17. At this rate, it won't be long before the Prime loses it's top ranking in the HP calculator heirarchy.

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - akmon - 12-27-2014 08:03 PM

I think th Prime price´s drop is because they want to sell A hardware version, no longer available. It´s an outdated hardware not suitable for conectivity with some HP stuff, (althought it´s a good deal if you´re ot going to use those products).

The C version remains more expensive, 120-150 €.

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Michael de Estrada - 12-27-2014 08:15 PM

(12-27-2014 08:03 PM)akmon Wrote:  I think th Prime price´s drop is because they want to sell A hardware version, no longer available. It´s an outdated hardware not suitable for conectivity with some HP stuff, (althought it´s a good deal if you´re ot going to use those products).

The C version remains more expensive, 120-150 €.

Except that the C hardware version is not currently being sold in the USA, so I don't see it being a reason for the drop in prices here.

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Tim Wessman - 12-30-2014 01:05 AM

(12-27-2014 08:15 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Except that the C hardware version is not currently being sold in the USA, so I don't see it being reason for the drop in prices here.

I would guess they probably want to at some point so that would make sense to me.

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - marcusnicolas1 - 12-31-2014 07:47 AM

So I just recently purchased my HP Prime. How do I know which version hardware I have. Also, will this mean that my Prime will not work well in the future. I totally love it.

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Thomas_Sch - 12-31-2014 09:47 AM

The hardware version is displayed in the help system.
Try 'Help' -> 'Tree'-Button -> first entry 'About HP Prime' -> OK
The first version shows 'Hardware Version: A'
The second (?) version 'Hardware version: C'

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Giancarlo - 12-31-2014 09:57 AM

The hardware 'A' has a limitation is the connectivity with other devices like the datastreamer.
If you don't need to use this device, your Prime is perfect.

Giancarlo

RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ? - Michael de Estrada - 01-06-2015 05:03 PM

Well, it's now a reality. The lowest price for the Prime is stiil $94.99 from Amazon, but the lowest price for the HP50g including shipping from Samson Cables has risen to $95.48, and Amazon is now asking for $98.93. So, maybe there's some market backlash here from people disappointed with the Prime and still appreciating the greatness of the older designs.