HP Forums
Catalog 2 41CV vs 41CX - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Catalog 2 41CV vs 41CX (/thread-2980.html)

Catalog 2 41CV vs 41CX - Chris - 02-01-2015 02:48 AM

Using Catalog 2 on my HP41CV shows the module name and then lists all the functions listed on the module. Performing Catalog 2 on my HP41CX shows the module name but does not list any of the functions on the module. Executing the function on either HP41CX or HP41CV works just fine. I think I have seen this on some of my other HP41CX calculators before. Can't remember if this is correct or something is wrong with the calculator. Please help me out.

RE: Catalog 2 41CV vs 41CX - rprosperi - 02-01-2015 03:10 AM

(02-01-2015 02:48 AM)Chris Wrote:  Using Catalog 2 on my HP41CV shows the module name and then lists all the functions listed on the module. Performing Catalog 2 on my HP41CX shows the module name but does not list any of the functions on the module. Executing the function on either HP41CX or HP41CV works just fine. I think I have seen this on some of my other HP41CX calculators before. Can't remember if this is correct or something is wrong with the calculator. Please help me out.

On the CX, after pressing CAT 2, hit R/S to stop the auto-advancing and use SST/BST to go to the module you want to see, then press ENTER to step into that module and you can now SST/BST thru the functions in that module.

This was changed in the CX so that looking for something did not take so long. Another, similar change was made as follows: On the C/CV, pressing any key during a CAT listing slowed the list display, while on a CX, pressing a key accelerated the display. Since you can R/S and use SST/BST when you get near the area you are looking for, these changes made it much faster to navigate thru the ever-increasing number of modules people were using.