HP Forums
Can't start Connectivity Kit - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Can't start Connectivity Kit (/thread-3046.html)

Can't start Connectivity Kit - Cristian Arezzini - 02-09-2015 12:35 AM

This is a new problem for me, on a new machine I just set up with Windows XP SP3. I installed the Conn Kit (several versions, from 2013 to the latest) and the install procedure seems to complete correctly; but when I try to run the Conn Kit, I get the error
Code:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"
Of course I tried reinstalling several times, but that didn't fix it. I searched but couldn't find any mention of this problem. Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks
Cristian

RE: Can't start Connectivity Kit - Tim Wessman - 02-09-2015 12:41 AM

Try installing that: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

(c++ runtime)

If it works, then looks like we need to have that packed in there...

RE: Can't start Connectivity Kit - Cristian Arezzini - 02-09-2015 12:53 AM

Tim, that worked, thank you! Wow, 6 minutes from problem report to solution... Smile

RE: Can't start Connectivity Kit - Cristian Arezzini - 02-09-2015 01:03 AM

Uh... now there's another problem... After connecting the calculator, it prompted me to download the new updated firmware; then it asked me if I wanted to update the calculator's firmware, and of course I said yes. The calculator went in recovery mode, but the conn kit said there are no updates available. I tried several times, and everytime it asks me if I want to update the firmware, and then it says no update available. And the calculator is stuck in recovery mode...

RE: Can't start Connectivity Kit - John Colvin - 02-09-2015 08:32 PM

(02-09-2015 01:03 AM)Cristian Arezzini Wrote:  Uh... now there's another problem... After connecting the calculator, it prompted me to download the new updated firmware; then it asked me if I wanted to update the calculator's firmware, and of course I said yes. The calculator went in recovery mode, but the conn kit said there are no updates available. I tried several times, and everytime it asks me if I want to update the firmware, and then it says no update available. And the calculator is stuck in recovery mode...

This is a known problem with some PCs using Windows. To get around this, try updating from the Calculator pane. With the Prime connected, right-click on the Prime icon and select Update Firmware from the popup menu.