HP Forums
Echoing Function App results to the stack? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Echoing Function App results to the stack? (/thread-3646.html)

Echoing Function App results to the stack? - John Colvin - 04-15-2015 07:40 AM

I was wondering if there was a simple direct way to echo results like Root, Intersection, and Extremum in the plot mode of the Function app to the RPN stack without having to spell these variables out on the Home command line. I know I can write a simple program to accomplish this but I was hoping there might be some key or key combination that does this. The 50G did this automatically.

RE: Echoing Function App results to the stack? - Joe Horn - 04-15-2015 06:09 PM

(04-15-2015 07:40 AM)John Colvin Wrote:  I was wondering if there was a simple direct way to echo results like Root, Intersection, and Extremum in the plot mode of the Function app to the RPN stack without having to spell these variables out on the Home command line. I know I can write a simple program to accomplish this but I was hoping there might be some key or key combination that does this. The 50G did this automatically.

Suggestion: Use the Vars key (App tab). For example, instead of typing Extremum, just press Vars 1 1 1. At least I find it faster than hunting for almost-illegible alpha keys. The current app is always at the top of the Vars App tab, so that saves one keystroke.

RE: Echoing Function App results to the stack? - John Colvin - 04-15-2015 06:42 PM

Thanks Joe. I've never tried that menu before. That will work for me.