HP Forums
R Programming Demo - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: R Programming Demo (/thread-4660.html)

R Programming Demo - Eddie W. Shore - 09-06-2015 08:18 PM

This is a short demonstration of various things in R, some from an online class I recently completed and some from learning about R in its manual.

http://edspi31415.blogspot.com/2015/09/r-programming-demo.html

It's good to be blogging again; and I'm still in the coping/recovery stage.

RE: R Programming Demo - cruff - 09-06-2015 11:02 PM

(09-06-2015 08:18 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  This is a short demonstration of various things in R...

I"ve been using R at work for various tasks, mostly to create graphical output for data mined log files for various data transfer services, as well as to do some basic statistical summarization.

My first of R use started maybe 10 years ago for visualizing the day to day operations of the NCAR Mass Storage Server (MSS). I would track the response time of individual requests to the disk cache and tape drives, as well as track how well individual end user systems were performing in data transfers to/from the Storage Manage MSS components. It was straight forward to produce nice graphs showing the overhead of small file transfers vs larger file transfers.

Today I use variants of those graph procedures to see how our GridFTP servers are being used for very large data transfers, and to answer various one off questions about our GPFS shared file systems. Another group uses R to visualize the performance and behavior of the HPSS tape archive.

RE: R Programming Demo - Namir - 09-11-2015 07:34 PM

Eddie you should check my R tutorials online. The first two teach you to use R and the others provide tools that employ R.

Namir

RE: R Programming Demo - Eddie W. Shore - 09-13-2015 04:31 PM

(09-11-2015 07:34 PM)Namir Wrote:  Eddie you should check my R tutorials online. The first two teach you to use R and the others provide tools that employ R.

Namir

Thank you.