HP Forums
HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? (/thread-4748.html)

HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? - Dave Shaffer - 09-19-2015 10:16 PM

For other reasons, a friend of mine went looking for her HP 48SX for me, and reported finding "Serial Interface Kit HP 48 to Apple Macintosh Computers" and "HP Solve Equation
Library Application Card for the HP 48 SX." From her report, I got the impression that neither of these had ever been used (and, probably, whatever boxes they were in were never opened).

Are these of interest/value? Thanks for any info.

RE: HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? - Raymond Del Tondo - 09-19-2015 11:33 PM

(09-19-2015 10:16 PM)Dave Shaffer Wrote:  For other reasons, a friend of mine went looking for her HP 48SX for me, and reported finding "Serial Interface Kit HP 48 to Apple Macintosh Computers" and "HP Solve Equation
Library Application Card for the HP 48 SX." From her report, I got the impression that neither of these had ever been used (and, probably, whatever boxes they were in were never opened).

The EQ Lib card can be of use for HP 48SX users working in technical/science areas.

The interface is interesting mainly for collectors.
The Serial Interface for Mac has an ADB plug, so it's unlikely to find a suitable computer, except maybe Macs from before year 2000;-)

RE: HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? - Sukiari - 09-21-2015 10:00 AM

(09-19-2015 11:33 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 10:16 PM)Dave Shaffer Wrote:  For other reasons, a friend of mine went looking for her HP 48SX for me, and reported finding "Serial Interface Kit HP 48 to Apple Macintosh Computers" and "HP Solve Equation

The EQ Lib card can be of use for HP 48SX users working in technical/science areas.

The Serial Interface for Mac has an ADB plug, so it's unlikely to find a suitable computer, except maybe Macs from before year 2000;-)

It's not an ADB connector, though - it's a Mac serial connector. They are both DIN type but with different pinouts.

RE: HP 48 fans: is this stuff of interest? - Raymond Del Tondo - 09-22-2015 07:09 AM

(09-21-2015 10:00 AM)Sukiari Wrote:  
(09-19-2015 11:33 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  The EQ Lib card can be of use for HP 48SX users working in technical/science areas.

It's not an ADB connector, though - it's a Mac serial connector. They are both DIN type but with different pinouts.
Thanks for the correction. The first thing I found about this round plug was the ADB, which looked similar on first view. However the 8 pin serial connector should be as rare as the ADB connector;-)