HP Forums
A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO online now! - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO online now! (/thread-4759.html)

A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO online now! - Geoff Quickfall - 09-20-2015 11:22 PM

YouTube is exasperating at best. Lots of subtitles, but they don't show up on the video. Oh well, I will work on that but until then, here is an HP 25 Woodstock found with a dead ACT.

I replaced the original ACT with a PANAMATIK ACT which was then flashed with version 1.02 of the 67E Ir code. An Infrared led was installed in the HP 25 case sitting between the charger prongs of the calculator and the ACT was converted to the print version with the edition of two resistors and a transistor plus associated wiring.

After my presentation in Nashville the PDF of the Power Point will be found at the Panamatik site (thanks Bernhard).

Thanks of course go to Eric Smith and his emulator code.
enjoy the video. The program is in three parts:
  • LBL A: load and print waypoints (lat and lon of associated plots on a map)
  • LBL B: calculate great circle distance in nm and initial true track then print the results.
  • LBL E: enter longitude found between initial longitude and destination longitude and calculate corresponding latitude and print result.

Also of note is the
  • welcome screen: B777-300Er
  • HP logo screen: HP 67e Ir
  • stop watch to time the video!

enjoy:

PANAMATIK ACT in HP 25.

how long did it take? check out the stopwatch display!

Geoff

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. - rprosperi - 09-20-2015 11:49 PM

(09-20-2015 11:22 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  HP 67E Ir running on a Woodstock HP 25 platform

Cool! Looking forward to seeing this next week!

I especially like your custom Startup Screen!

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. - Geoff Quickfall - 09-21-2015 12:04 AM

I like that touch also, the aircraft was created in 92 and the calc in 75. so how can it be???

;-)

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO BEING REDONE STANDBY. - Harald - 09-21-2015 07:29 AM

(09-20-2015 11:22 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  HP 67E Ir running on a Woodstock HP 25 platform.

Geoff

Youtube tells me you have removed the videoo?!

I will post pictures (or maybe a video) of my 34E when it is ready. (I've been playing with it for a while now, but there are a few more things I want to do.)

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO BEING REDONE STANDBY. - Geoff Quickfall - 09-21-2015 08:27 AM

I was using the YouTube editor to add captions. What a useless piece of xxxx. Just google YouTube and captions and you get the point. So went to my own video editor and now uploading. Large file so slow.

So far I have upgraded five machines to 25E Ir, 29E Ir and 67E Ir. will be presenting all that and more at the HHC2015 conference in Nashville. Video will be uploaded by am tomorrow.

Cheers, Geoff

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO online now! - Geoff Quickfall - 09-21-2015 05:07 PM

URLs now updated as was the video!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6_eooeZAgGg

Cheers

RE: A Panamatik ACT installed in an HP 25. VIDEO online now! - PANAMATIK - 09-22-2015 07:47 AM

(09-21-2015 05:07 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  URLs now updated as was the video!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6_eooeZAgGg

Cheers

Thanks Geoff! Great video! It shows how elegant the label buttons A-E and a-e can be pressed by holding down the f key.

I think I will add the programmable PrintX functionality in the HP-25E Ir too in the next version.

Bernhard