HP Forums
4-banger? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not quite HP Calculators - but related (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 4-banger? (/thread-501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 4-banger? - d b - 01-28-2014 06:30 PM

(01-28-2014 05:08 PM)walter b Wrote:  Den, I can only be content if I'd succeed in teaching you to use "Quote" for answering. d:-)

Walter; Quote has it's place but it's confusing if one is referring to two or more posts (I'll have to experiment with "insert quoted text") and not needed if one is hoping to be just following the last post. What we need is forum software with GOTO, GETSUB, RTN, and mainly PSE. "TAN" would be a good LBL to identify discussions like this one.

I just realized that most things in life would be better if they ran like a well written HP 41 program.

RE: 4-banger? - Massimo Gnerucci - 01-28-2014 07:23 PM

(01-28-2014 05:28 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Walter, this looks to me like an uphill battle similar to MS trying to sell Windows Phone… Wink

Well, looks like they are succeeding after all
Smile

RE: 4-banger? - Dieter - 01-28-2014 09:39 PM

(01-27-2014 10:38 AM)walter b Wrote:  OK, something like this looks like a 'minimum scientific calculator' based on the WP 34S to me.

What? No square key? Seriously?
No, ENTER x is not an option since one stack level is lost.

This missing function could be placed on the shifted sqrt key. The required additional key position can be gained easily: simply replace the .d and a b/c functions with a single FDISP command that toggles between decimal and fraction mode. Works nicely on other calculators, for instance on the 35s.

BTW, the shift key should remain unlabelled - just plain yellow. Or HP-41 style, if you prefer. ;-)

Dieter