HP Forums
CAS programs in user menu - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: CAS programs in user menu (/thread-567.html)

CAS programs in user menu - Alberto Candel - 01-29-2014 04:05 PM

Hello,
If I click the toolbox key and then the soft USER key, I see a list with all my program functions, but not including my CAS programs. Is there a way to have my CAS programs show up in that list?

RE: CAS programs in user menu - Tim Wessman - 01-29-2014 04:10 PM

Technically, there is not such a thing as a "cas program". Rather, they are functions and variables in and of themselves. They will appear under the CAS variables, not user programs. VARS->CAS

RE: CAS programs in user menu - parisse - 01-31-2014 06:45 AM

CAS variables may indeed contain functions like other kind of variables, which makes the CAS programming language a functional language. By the way, it would be great to have support to transfert easily CAS programs from Connectivity Kit, since it's easier to type a program that's more than a few lines on a computer.

RE: CAS programs in user menu - Alberto Candel - 02-03-2014 01:51 AM

Thank you Tim, Bernard.
By the way, is there any document about functional programming with xcas?
I do not find anything at the xcas page.
Thank you!

RE: CAS programs in user menu - parisse - 02-04-2014 07:40 AM

The Xcas English documentation is indeed far from complete (unlike the French doc), as the Prime CAS documentation.
Some commands are functional, i.e. you must pass a function as argument, like makelist, matrix, apply, map. Some operators are functional, e.g. you can write f:=id-sin^2-1 and then compute f(2.0) or define g:=id-f/f' and compute (g@@4)(2.0). You can pass a function as argument to a CAS program. Take care not to confuse expressions and functions.