HP Forums
graphing slopes - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: graphing slopes (/thread-6111.html)

graphing slopes - SalivationArmy - 04-23-2016 06:52 AM

when graphing a slope, is there a way to display a dashed line or solid line when appropriate.

RE: graphing slopes - DrD - 04-23-2016 10:45 AM

The Apps Library generally uses colors to distinguish each expression. However, as you gain device experience, you may encounter a situation where you absolutely want a certain format. With that you "could" produce your own display, using the feature-set of the ppl programming language. That would be way too involved for a quick solver plot, though. My only point here is that many things can be done, to extend basic features, when the end justifies the means.

-Dale-

RE: graphing slopes - Fortin - 04-23-2016 11:51 AM

(04-23-2016 06:52 AM)SalivationArmy Wrote:  when graphing a slope, is there a way to display a dashed line or solid line when appropriate.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but... In the Function app, Fcn->Tangent turns the 'slope' line on/off. This can be used in combination with the numeric value displayed by 'slope'.

RE: graphing slopes - SalivationArmy - 04-23-2016 06:09 PM

In the Function app, Fcn->Tangent turns the 'slope' line on/off. This can be used in combination with the numeric value displayed by 'slope'.

sorry to be stupid but the only step I can follow on this is Apps:Function

nothing else you said matches what I can see.

RE: graphing slopes - DrD - 04-23-2016 06:20 PM

Enter a function expression in the Function App. Then go to the [Plot] screen. There is a black [Fcn] soft key. Select that, and choose item number 8.

-Dale-