HP Forums
Landscape vs Portrait - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Landscape vs Portrait (/thread-6753.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Landscape vs Portrait - Massimo Gnerucci - 09-02-2016 09:09 PM

(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  The interesting question is, does landscape encourage setting it on a desk? Or do people enjoy landscape because they prefer putting their calculators on a desk? Smile

Why should portrait, besides fitting perfectly in one's hand, prevent a desk use?

RE: Landscape vs Portrait - emece67 - 09-02-2016 09:25 PM

(09-02-2016 09:09 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Why should portrait, besides fitting perfectly in one's hand, prevent a desk use?

I do not think that the portrait format prevents the desk use, just that the landscape one, in my case, fits better for such use. I've used, for years, a 48 in such a way (and earlier than that a 42), but now, after using landscape machines for a year or so, I feel them better.

RE: Landscape vs Portrait - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-02-2016 10:37 PM

(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  ... a portable calculator is made to be picked up and used and the use of one's thumbs ...

I don't think I ever used my thumbs to press any key other than the space bar on a computer or typewriter keyboard. I hold my calculators and phones in one hand and press the buttons with the fingers of the other - but never the thumb. To do that, I need devices with the portrait form factor.

RE: Landscape vs Portrait - Massimo Gnerucci - 09-03-2016 05:20 AM

(09-02-2016 10:37 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 08:09 PM)Logan Wrote:  ... a portable calculator is made to be picked up and used and the use of one's thumbs ...

I don't think I ever used my thumbs to press any key other than the space bar on a computer or typewriter keyboard. I hold my calculators and phones in one hand and press the buttons with the fingers of the other - but never the thumb. To do that, I need devices with the portrait form factor.

Ditto.

Looks like we're old school nowadays. :)