HP Forums
Still no printing from CK - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Still no printing from CK (/thread-6846.html)

Still no printing from CK - toml_12953 - 09-13-2016 05:21 PM

I'm disappointed to see that the CK still can't print source code. It seems like a simple thing to add to me (and I'm as simple as anyone) I know I can copy and paste into Notepad or some other program but that's unnecessary steps that shouldn't be needed.

Tom L

RE: Still no printing from CK - Pavel OK1DNZ - 09-14-2016 08:22 AM

Hi Tom,
Yes, would be nice to have printed doc from CK. But only in the case when the CK would have much better IDE.
Currently, Notepad++ with installed add "Notepad++ HP Prime Programming Language Support" does super excellent job!
See: http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7564 for more details. A comfortable program writing, reading and printing.

Regards,
Pavel

RE: Still no printing from CK - DrD - 09-14-2016 09:35 AM

Pavel,

Can files be directly transferred between Notepad ++ and the physical prime? Or do you copy/paste between Notepad ++ and the CK, beforehand?

-Dale-

RE: Still no printing from CK - Pavel OK1DNZ - 09-14-2016 05:05 PM

Hello Dale,
No, a direct transfer between Notepad++ and Connectivity Kit is not possible. Copy and Paste have to be used. But in can be done in few sec. On the other hand, Notepad++ with the add gives you very user friendly IDE (color resolution, autocomplete function, on-line help, settable zoom, adjustable printing...etc).
Pavel

RE: Still no printing from CK - BERNARD MICHAUD - 09-16-2016 01:10 AM

(09-14-2016 05:05 PM)Pavel OK1DNZ Wrote:  Hello Dale,
No, a direct transfer between Notepad++ and Connectivity Kit is not possible. Copy and Paste have to be used. But in can be done in few sec. On the other hand, Notepad++ with the add gives you very user friendly IDE (color resolution, autocomplete function, on-line help, settable zoom, adjustable printing...etc).
Pavel

Looks Great on Notepad++, also prints correctly. Next if you want to Save the file which file type would you use?

RE: Still no printing from CK - Spybot - 09-16-2016 02:52 AM

Printing to PDF maybe?

RE: Still no printing from CK - DrD - 09-16-2016 10:34 AM

(09-16-2016 01:10 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
(09-14-2016 05:05 PM)Pavel OK1DNZ Wrote:  Hello Dale,
Pavel

Looks Great on Notepad++, also prints correctly. Next if you want to Save the file which file type would you use?

I like the idea, but using two programs to accomplish one task doesn't inspire a lot of enthusiasm for this objective. I have had Notepad ++, configured with the added hp language, since I first learned of the added support. But I don't ever use it. The CK isn't great, but it is so much more convenient. If Notepad ++ (or some other IDE like Eclipse?), could be custom configured for hp prime, include a USB transfer mode, and save the following data sets, it would be very useful.

.hpappdir
.hpexammode
.hpprgm
.hplist
.hpmat
.hpSettings