HP Forums
Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 (/thread-7231.html)

Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 - chris.bragg - 11-13-2016 10:00 PM

The manual indicates that if you store a value in the real variable "L" (other than ZERO) then it will be taken as the "saturation" value in determining the best fit parameters for a logistic function (regression model). This does not seem to work. The system provides its own estimate for "L".
Has anyone a solution or is this a bug.

RE: Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 - mark4flies - 11-14-2016 12:51 PM

I just confirmed that the procedure will fit the model parameter L. It is not the global variable L, as far as I can tell. I set to a value and refit the data, with the same result as the first time. (Confirming your claim.) How did you try to fix this parameter to a particular value?

I wonder if it checks for L undefined (L=0) only once or every time? L was undefined the first time I fit data.

RE: Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 - Tim Wessman - 11-14-2016 03:55 PM

Well, this is the first time I'm hearing about this "feature" and I wrote the logistic regression code so...

Seems like a case of the person writing the documentation including a feature that wasn't included in a note to the developers. Smile

I'll put it on the list and see what can be done.

RE: Logistics Rgression in Statistics 2 - chris.bragg - 11-14-2016 11:26 PM

Tim,
Thanks. It would make the function more useful from a teaching perspective - biology projects.
Regards
Chris Bragg