HP Forums
Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? (/thread-7737.html)

Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - n3mmr - 02-07-2017 12:18 PM

Is there a way to print a plot from the polar app, to a std networked hp printer?

I have an early HP prime, so no networking on the prime itself, I suppose, but maybe using the connectivity kit?

I want to initiate printing in the prime handheld itself.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - eried - 02-09-2017 09:46 AM

No, but you can capture the screen and then print it with other app.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - n3mmr - 02-09-2017 09:48 AM

The PRIME is strictly a Toy Calculator!

Does screen capture capture more than the visible screen???

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - compsystems - 02-09-2017 01:29 PM

The hp-connKIT has on the right side a button that says MONITOR, as a request to HP-PRIME TEAM please attach print (with wireless option) and connection to projector

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - toml_12953 - 02-09-2017 03:31 PM

(02-09-2017 09:48 AM)n3mmr Wrote:  The PRIME is strictly a Toy Calculator!

For reasons only known to them, HP simply refuse to acknowledge that people still want to use paper for some applications. You can't even print from the CK, let alone the actual calculator. At least with the 50G you could print to a thermal printer even if it had to be only a few cm away. If HP came out with version of the Prime than could print as well as display, I'd gladly pay twice the price of the current version.

Tom L

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - n3mmr - 02-15-2017 03:25 PM

(02-09-2017 01:29 PM)compsystems Wrote:  The hp-connKIT has on the right side a button that says MONITOR, as a request to HP-PRIME TEAM please attach print (with wireless option) and connection to projector

That really doesn't answer my question, or rather it answers "No".

When you plot on the Prime, you can rarely settle for the visible plot, which is all you can "Capture", you ant to plot the complete graph.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - Han - 02-15-2017 07:35 PM

(02-15-2017 03:25 PM)n3mmr Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 01:29 PM)compsystems Wrote:  The hp-connKIT has on the right side a button that says MONITOR, as a request to HP-PRIME TEAM please attach print (with wireless option) and connection to projector

When you plot on the Prime, you can rarely settle for the visible plot, which is all you can "Capture", you ant to plot the complete graph.

Is this not the case with pretty much any graphing software? -- that you can only print what is displayed? Unless a graph is completely bounded, it generally extends indefinitely in at least one direction. I don't think anyone has enough paper to print a complete graph. However, I am sure this is not what you mean by a "complete" graph. That said, what is it that you would prefer? Or perhaps you can provide an example of some software that prints beyond what it displays (i.e. a "complete" graph) as far as graphs are concerned.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - KeithB - 02-15-2017 08:41 PM

In AutoCAD you can choose to print:
Display - The current view on the screen
Extents - All of the objects in the drawing
Window - A specific rectangle of the drawing
Limits - The whole "paper" .

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - DrD - 02-15-2017 08:51 PM

Python / Turtle Graphics
WxMaxima / GNUplot
Scilab

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - DrD - 02-15-2017 09:02 PM

(02-15-2017 03:25 PM)n3mmr Wrote:  That really doesn't answer my question, or rather it answers "No".

In addition to the plot functions in the apps, you could create your own program for plotting. Once you have the plot organization the way you want, you can screen capture cut and paste to any suitable graphics program, and print from there. I often use irfanview for this.

Unfortunately, the Prime doesn't have stand-alone print capability, currently. It is usually at times like these, that we get reminded that these things are beyond the scope of 'normal' users. Hence, it is left to individual imagination to go beyond the normal.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - mark4flies - 02-17-2017 12:56 AM

The POSTER are strictly a Joker!

Does this question question a civil inquiry???

Just kidding!

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - mark4flies - 02-17-2017 12:59 AM

(02-15-2017 03:25 PM)n3mmr Wrote:  

You are speaking for 'you,' you mean me? I am rarely disappointed by the plot. Why draw me into your issue?

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - Alchemisst - 04-29-2023 11:53 AM

Atleast the plot is more visible than HP 50g.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - KlaasKuperus - 05-01-2023 11:24 AM

This is a good suggestion! Let me take it up with the development team and see what we can do here.

RE: Printing from the HP prime itself to std networked HP printer? - toml_12953 - 05-01-2023 08:46 PM

(02-09-2017 03:31 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  

For reasons only known to them, HP simply refuse to acknowledge that people still want to use paper for some applications. You can't even print from the CK, let alone the actual calculator. At least with the 50G you could print to a thermal printer even if it had to be only a few cm away. If HP came out with version of the Prime than could print as well as display, I'd gladly pay twice the price of the current version.

Tom L

Maybe someone could come up with a way to use the USB output commands to print to a serial printer. I know printing to a USB printer is out because USB printers require drivers to translate ASCII to a protocol they can understand but true RS-232 serial printers accept ASCII directly.