HP Forums
What constitute a collection? - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Not HP Calculators (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Not remotely HP Calculators (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What constitute a collection? (/thread-7859.html)

What constitute a collection? - Dalil - 03-03-2017 07:18 PM

Hello everyone.

I hope you are well.

I have been a follower of this forum for the past 6-7 years.

I love calculators, I have been in the pursuit of the best engineer calculator.

For my job, the TI-86 has been deemed the ultimate, dealing with complex and real calculations like no other, at a price achievable for most of the young folks.

Other ones, like the HP-42S, have been part of dream that never happened, as all HP I have ever acquired for a reasonable price seemed weak and not worth the expenditure.

What is a collection I ask? Is it what you could rest on and build a tower, or is what you could afford and show off?

Excuse my non-englishism, not a native.

Dalil

RE: What constitute a collection? - Maximilian Hohmann - 03-03-2017 07:30 PM

Hello!

(03-03-2017 07:18 PM)Dalil Wrote:  What is a collection I ask? Is it what you could rest on and build a tower, or is what you could afford and show off?

For me personally, strictly speaking for myself, a collection is any number of similar items which I have in my possession and which I do not really need or use, but value highly enough so I won't give them away. I have about 1000 calculators, some of which I could barely afford when I bought them, but which I never "showed off" nor ever will.

Regards
Max

RE: What constitute a collection? - Dalil - 03-03-2017 09:01 PM

(03-03-2017 07:30 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

For me personally, strictly speaking for myself, a collection is any number of similar items which I have in my possession and which I do not really need or use, but value highly enough so I won't give them away. I have about 1000 calculators, some of which I could barely afford when I bought them, but which I never "showed off" nor ever will.

Regards
Max

You got it! I have an undetermined number of items which I may never use, but which I think I need to fulfill a need, so I could never give up, unless I feel it could change someone's life. I have at least 5 Ti85, I have given at least one to a colleague, after I thought I could convince him it was the best choice to understand engineering concepts ranging from Power Electronics to Machine design and Computer vision. What could be better, and most importantly, affordable?!