HP Forums
HP41cv buzzer problem - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: HP41cv buzzer problem (/thread-8679.html)

HP41cv buzzer problem - isanchez - 07-13-2017 12:41 PM

Hi,
just to request of your help to try to understand why the buzzer does not work in my HP41CV halfnut (rounded display corners)
I opened it to repair the back screw holes area and desoldered the buzzer (from the extreme soldered to the calculator board), which is glued to the back cover. When soldered back in place, there is no answer to beep order.
I changed the buzzer with another one taken from a board for parts...no answer.
It can be heard a continuous and very very very low buzz when the calculator is "on"

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Ignacio

RE: HP41cv buzzer problem - toml_12953 - 07-13-2017 01:13 PM

(07-13-2017 12:41 PM)isanchez Wrote:  Hi,
just to request of your help to try to understand why the buzzer does not work in my HP41CV halfnut (rounded display corners)
I opened it to repair the back screw holes area and desoldered the buzzer (from the extreme soldered to the calculator board), which is glued to the back cover. When soldered back in place, there is no answer to beep order.
I changed the buzzer with another one taken from a board for parts...no answer.
It can be heard a continuous and very very very low buzz when the calculator is "on"

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Ignacio

Is it polarized? Have you tried reversing it?

RE: HP41cv buzzer problem - Garth Wilson - 07-13-2017 07:55 PM

These piezoelectric transducers are not polarized, any more than a speaker is. If you reverse the connections, the output will simply be out of phase, which will have no effect on the sound in this case.