HP Forums
Submenus - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Submenus (/thread-9014.html)

Submenus - webmasterpdx - 09-08-2017 11:39 AM

The prime itself often has menu selections have submenus and those menu selections often have submenus themselves (to several levels).
All programs I've seen can only execute an event from a menu, but not select a submenu. Can user programs produce these submenus? Is there an example any place on how to program these?
Appreciate it.
Thx
-Donald

RE: Submenus - Tim Wessman - 09-08-2017 02:58 PM

(09-08-2017 11:39 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  The prime itself often has menu selections have submenus and those menu selections often have submenus themselves (to several levels).
All programs I've seen can only execute an event from a menu, but not select a submenu. Can user programs produce these submenus? Is there an example any place on how to program these?
Appreciate it.
Thx
-Donald

There is no way to produce this type of menu at this time from the user side. Nor grid based choosers. Nor a date picker or slider.

RE: Submenus - compsystems - 09-08-2017 03:35 PM

the solution is to create a GUI of these characteristics, by means of graphical commands.

RE: Submenus - webmasterpdx - 09-08-2017 04:21 PM

I was afraid of that. I was considering writing a new GUI, but that will take a lot of space....and should reside in the firmware. I'd rather support the system stuff if I write an SDK....need to consider this...
Thanks
-Donald

RE: Submenus - Carlos295pz - 09-09-2017 03:01 AM

(09-08-2017 04:21 PM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  I was afraid of that. I was considering writing a new GUI, but that will take a lot of space....and should reside in the firmware. I'd rather support the system stuff if I write an SDK....need to consider this...

The issue is how to link the information contained in the submenus with the new instructions or functions, it would have to be similar to a kind of control structure as a CASE END;

Manipulating DRAWMENU is very easy now because it is only a drawing on the screen, but proposing an integrated SubMenu is no longer just a drawing, it is something very different that as you mentioned, it would be better to opt for a GUI itself.