HP Forums
Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Printable Version

+- HP Forums (https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum)
+-- Forum: HP Calculators (and very old HP Computers) (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: HP Prime (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware (/thread-9678.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - smp - 12-12-2017 04:57 PM

Thanks very much for the new beta release.

I installed it on my Mac and updated my calculator without any issues at all. My 8080 simulator is running fine, so I am (still) very happy.

smp

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Helge Gabert - 12-12-2017 05:20 PM

I think it is great that HP pushes out these betas. With everybody's reaction and input, it makes for a better and better product - - so here is a big thank you!

I would still like to see syst2mat() being implemented. Maybe in the next, official release? That would be nice . . .

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - akmon - 12-12-2017 09:50 PM

Updated flawlessly, thanks HP Team.

A little bug, reported in the previous release but not has been fixed:

LU, qr, and Csolve commands don´t have built in help when you press help button when you are in CAS mode.
Probably there could be more commands without helping, I have discovered these 3.

Edit, if I write LU, QR and cSolve instead of lu, qr and csolve resp. the built in help appears.
It´s curious, if you are in the catalog menu and choose those commands, it copies like lu, qr and csolve. Command works, but not the built in help.

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - salvomic - 12-12-2017 09:54 PM

(12-12-2017 09:50 PM)akmon Wrote:  Updated flawlessly, thanks HP Team.

A little bug, reported in the previous release but not has been fixed:

LU, qr, and Csolve commands don´t have built in help when you press help button when you are in CAS mode.
Probably there could be more commands without helping, I have discovered these 3.

Try this:
Catalog -> LU selected -> Help
idem for QR and cSolve.
It works Smile

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - akmon - 12-12-2017 10:09 PM

Thanks for the trick, this makes the bug even smaller, but it still exists.

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - salvomic - 12-12-2017 10:11 PM

(12-12-2017 10:09 PM)akmon Wrote:  Thanks for the trick, this makes the bug even smaller, but it still exists.

another tip: if you have LU([matrix]) in the editing bar, select it, press Help and the help come up also...

ciao
Salvo

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - akmon - 12-12-2017 10:29 PM

(12-12-2017 10:11 PM)salvomic Wrote:  
(12-12-2017 10:09 PM)akmon Wrote:  Thanks for the trick, this makes the bug even smaller, but it still exists.

another tip: if you have LU([matrix]) in the editing bar, select it, press Help and the help come up also...

ciao
Salvo

See my edited post above.

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - salvomic - 12-12-2017 10:58 PM

(12-12-2017 10:29 PM)akmon Wrote:  See my edited post above.

ok!

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Arno K - 12-13-2017 07:32 AM

As everything 'nearly' went flawless as usual and I was busy when I did the upgrade I forgot that the installer of the connectivity kit required a Windows restart when it had finished, it has been long since I saw that the last time.
Arno

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - akmon - 12-14-2017 09:25 PM

Hello, I would like to share this strange crash on v3 beta version.
I attach the software that causes the crash. It´s about Morh´s circle (the program is not mine).
I start the program, insert the data required, but then, after choosing option 2 "Gráfica", the physical unit turns on white screen, and there is no other way to restart the unit but inserting a clip on its back.
And here is the funny thing. I run this app on the virtual calc and it works flawlessly!!

For better comparison, I did a factory reset on both units, and downloaded the app, only that, for no other software could disturb it, and the results are the same I described before.

1.- ¿Can you check on your physical unit if it behaves like I wrote?
2.- What is causing this crash? It didn´t happen in version 2.

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Anders - 12-15-2017 04:19 PM

Any chance we will get an updated "user guide" .pdf with the final version?

The current one included with the virtual calculator is thoroughly out of date.

Thanks

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Carlos295pz - 12-15-2017 05:47 PM

(12-15-2017 04:19 PM)Anders Wrote:  Any chance we will get an updated "user guide" .pdf with the final version?

When they publish it, it will be possible for you to download it: http://ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/Documentation/Calculator/

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Nigel (UK) - 12-16-2017 01:23 PM

This might not be a bug - perhaps it is intended behaviour. It concerns the behaviour of ANS in the CAS mode.

For example: entering x^2+4, followed by d(ANS)/dx (using the derivative template) returns 2x, as it should.
But, entering x^2+4, followed by ANS | x=2 (using the "with" template) just returns x^2+4 instead of the "8" that I'd expect.

I'm running the latest (Beta v3) software on a real calculator.

Nigel (UK)

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - DrD - 12-16-2017 02:52 PM

Did you try using Ans, instead of ANS? Then capitalization is important.

-Dale-

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - salvomic - 12-16-2017 03:03 PM

(12-16-2017 01:23 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  But, entering x^2+4, followed by ANS | x=2 (using the "with" template) just returns x^2+4 instead of the "8" that I'd expect.

yes.
But try Ans(2) and you get 8.
See help: Ans(n) in CAS

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Nigel (UK) - 12-16-2017 04:00 PM

(12-16-2017 02:52 PM)DrD Wrote:  Did you try using Ans, instead of ANS? Then capitalization is important.

-Dale-

I used Ans, not ANS. I'm not sure why I typed the latter! If "x^2+4" is the most recent answer, Ans | x=2 simply returns x^2+4. Does this not happen on your calculator?

(12-16-2017 03:03 PM)salvomic Wrote:  yes.
But try Ans(2) and you get 8.
See help: Ans(n) in CAS

I never knew that! Thank you. But it doesn't help if I want to substitute for a variable other than x. I know that I can work around it by copying the previous line in full, so it isn't a fundamental problem, but it would be nice if Ans worked consistently.

Nigel (UK)

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Tyann - 12-16-2017 04:08 PM

Bonjour

ClearCell et CellHasData ne semblent pas fonctionner avec -1 en
premier ou second argument.
Si j'ai bien compris CellHasData(-1,1) devrait renvoyer le nombre de données dans
la colonne 1 et ClearCell(2,-1) devrait effacer les cellules de la ligne 2 ?
Ceci pour la calculatrice physique et l'émulateur.

Hello

ClearCell and CellHasData do not seem to work with -1 in
first or second argument.
If I understand correctly CellHasData (-1,1) should return the number of data in
column 1 and ClearCell (2, -1) should clear the cells in row 2 ?
This for the physical calculator and the emulator.

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - DrD - 12-16-2017 04:59 PM

(12-16-2017 04:00 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I used Ans, not ANS. I'm not sure why I typed the latter! If "x^2+4" is the most recent answer, Ans | x=2 simply returns x^2+4. Does this not happen on your calculator?

Nigel (UK)

It works for me when I tried it using Ans, on the hw and the vc, (both with r13217 firmware). It also works ok when I copy from your post and paste it in the command line: Ans | x=2, (including the spaces).

-Dale-

[attachment=5434]

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - Nigel (UK) - 12-16-2017 07:23 PM

(12-16-2017 04:59 PM)DrD Wrote:  
(12-16-2017 04:00 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I used Ans, not ANS. I'm not sure why I typed the latter! If "x^2+4" is the most recent answer, Ans | x=2 simply returns x^2+4. Does this not happen on your calculator?

Nigel (UK)

It works for me when I tried it using Ans, on the hw and the vc, (both with r13217 firmware). It also works ok when I copy from your post and paste it in the command line: Ans | x=2, (including the spaces).

-Dale-

How strange! My HW calculator is also r13217.

This is what I do.
  • Go into CAS mode.
  • Type an expression involving x - for example, x^2+4 - and press ENTER.
  • Then press Ans (by pressing Shift+); [Template key]; ["with" operator]; x; =; 2; ENTER; (semicolon separates key presses).
  • I'm left with x^2+4.

Do other people end up with "8"?

Nigel (UK)

RE: Public Beta Availiable (v3) - Win/Mac/Firmware - DrD - 12-16-2017 07:54 PM

I tried it your way, step by step, and worked just fine on hw and emu ...

-Dale-

[attachment=5435]