HP-41CV and AME Port Extender Question
06-22-2024, 11:28 PM
HP-41CV and AME Port Extender Question
Looking for help on what would be the best setup for the HP-41CV and the AME Port Extender including Dip switch setup. I have experimented with various combination but haven't come up with a suitable configuration. Any help would be appreciated.
I have:
Aviation Mod
Card Reader *
CCD Rom *
Extended IO Mod
HP-IL *
HP-IL Dev Mod
IR Printer Mod *
PPC Rom *
Time Mod *
X-Mem Quad *
* Would like to have at least these
Randy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2024, 02:36 AM
RE: HP-41CV and AME Port Extender Question
While not answering your core question, note that you cannot use X-Mem at all without an Extended Func/Mem module, in a 41CV.

And what is a "X-Mem Quad" module. 1 x Ext Func ROM + 2 x Extended Memory modules provides "full" extended memory, so it's not clear what a Quad X-Mem module is for?

Have you checked the ROM IDs for each of these modules? You can't have more than one module with a given ROM ID active (enabled on the Port Extender) at any one time.

--Bob Prosperi
06-23-2024, 03:40 AM
RE: HP-41CV and AME Port Extender Question
My mistake it is an Ext functions mod with the 2 memory mods. I know about the modules that cannot be collocated in a port. Just looking for the best way to configure the system including the switches.

I did have it configured as
HP-41:
port 1 Time mod,
port 2 PPC mod,
Port 3 AME,
Port 4 Card Reader

AME:
port 1 X-Functions,
Port 3 Ext IO mod,
Port 4 HP-IL Dev mod,
Port 5 Wand,
Port 7 HP-IL,

The HP-IL goes to an IL-printer and the IL-tape drive. I had it working OK until I disconnected everything, and brain stalled on my old setup. Screwed around with different combinations and just froze the calculator. Guess I will have to go back to the manual and start from scratch.

Randy

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)