Connectivity Kit Edit Pane
08-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Connectivity Kit Edit Pane
Greetings,
I am using the connectivity kit to edit/write programs. It works really great! I am enjoying my new Prime which replaced my beloved 50g.
I have searched the web as well as the CK manual but I still have this question:
What is the purpose of the "window" to the left of the program code? For my programs it is always blank and I simply slide its width to zero to maximize the edit window.
Thanks for reading this post.
Regards,
Jerry
[Image: view?usp=sharing]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2024, 02:19 PM
RE: Connectivity Kit Edit Pane
You can create multiple files for a single program, for example, by dividing functions in the program according to certain rules, etc. You can call functions in one file that you have placed in another file because the whole is treated as one project. Additionally, you can also add resource files, such as images (.png), which you can then use in the program.

Piotr Kowalewski
08-05-2024, 05:13 PM
Thank you Piotr for answering my question. I just started programming the Prime and know little about the file/program organization.
I started by creating a blank app which I call my DeskTop. (As an old Windows guy I have habits that are difficult to break).
My programs are simple and all png files and "global" variables my programs need are in the DeskTop app's "files" and "variables" folders. This is working fine for me.
However, since reading your post I see there are other ways of organizing files.
Could you suggest a reference document that might shed light on ways to organize files/programs/variables?
Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Jerry
08-06-2024, 04:19 AM
Since you have already created your own application (with an icon visible in APPS), this is definitely a better approach (at least for now) than using 'resources'. Resources are useful when you don't want to create an application but rather put everything in a program that you run directly from the 'Program Catalog' or from the command line.

Piotr Kowalewski

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)