got a omnibook430(korean version)but cf card doesnt work
09-05-2024, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2024 05:52 AM by tranape.)
got a omnibook430(korean version)but cf card doesnt work
Hi all, I'm a non-native English speaker, so there will be some grammatical mistakes:-)
Update: There was a problem with the previous PCMCIA card holder, the new card holder allows the CF card to be read on another Sharp computer, and it doesn't freeze on the OmniBook, but it shows up in an unknown type card

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just received a omnibook430, it's 2MB ROM, 40MB hard disk version, and ROMCARD version is 2.0s ,aba。
This is a customized version of a Korean enterprise, the keyboard is printed in Korean, and the C drive system has only a customized DOS system with data management software, and there is no Windows 3.1.

For the purpose of saving power and replacing the system, I tried to use the CF card with the PCMCIA card holder, but when I tried to turn on the laptop after inserting the card, the computer could not freeze and move ...

When I insert the card when I turn it on, the laptop beeps and crashes when it is inoperable。
I tried A,B,C three positions and all failed.

The CF card capacity is 32MB and 512MB respectively, which is normal in the Win10 environment and FAT format。

I noticed that the forum discussion said that the ABA version of the omnibook300 ROMCARD does not support CF cards, while the ABB version does, I suspect that the same is true for the 430 card?
If CF cards are not supported, then is the native PCMCIA card supported? I bought one(old,256mb) online for a test but haven't mailed it to my home yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)