Hp prime geometry questions
02-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Hp prime geometry questions
I am back after putting the hp prime in the drawer for awhile. Using my Casio FX-CG500 I really liked how easy the geometry app was when creating tangent circles to just drawing a line and able to change the angle on a whim. Has the hp prime got any better with the geometry app? I really like how powerful hp prime is just a lot of inputting for the geometry app. Work as a machinist/inspection so its nice drawing a little sketch of the part I am doing to pick up theoretical sharp points and stuff like that and also inputting circles on two tangent lines.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2018, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018 09:16 AM by eried.)
RE: Hp prime geometry questions
There is a way to add an interactive slider (Cmd->Plot->Slider) that you can adjust in realtime. Linking that to the angle of the tangent should be posible. No idea how to do that though :/

I was happy too knowing about the new geometry app, but I don't find it intuitive at all.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2018, 01:45 PM
It would be really nice to know how to do that kind of stuff on the HP Prime.
02-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to read the manual, I made a little program that uses the Geometry app as a base, it shows using some of the geometry commands in a program (Taylorani)
Arno
02-15-2018, 03:54 PM
I know the basic's of the geometry app, I am just wanting to know how to be able to draw angles in a easier manner then converting.
02-15-2018, 04:05 PM
I think then there won`t be a better way than writing a small program for this task.
Arno
02-15-2018, 04:31 PM
That sucks, its just so simple with the classpad on the casio to determine the angle you want from a point. I will keep messing with the HP Prime tho.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)