user variables in SOLVE
04-19-2018, 03:00 PM
user variables in SOLVE
When I use user variables in "SOLVE" application, the prime couldn't solve 3 variables 3 equations.
what could be the reason?
example: 1)Are=pi * di 2) vo=are * st* n 3) de= vo/tt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: user variables in SOLVE
The reason is that we screwed up.

In the current version of the software, user defined variables don't play nicely in the "solve" app. It solves correctly, but when it reaches the step to store the value back into the variable by name, it incorrectly only looks for built in names and doesn't find the user created ones. Sad

You can get around this for now by either just using A-Z, or else use the ""fsolve" command on the CAS screen. "fsolve" is what the solve app uses internally.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-19-2018, 04:10 PM
There is a conflict within the applications and external definitions from HOME or CAS. when defining A, B, ... X, Y, ... as 0, in some cases the results are not as expected. I think the only solution to avoid this problem is the one made by the classpad calculator, that is, to leave the variables A, B, ... X, Y, ... free, and use some alternatives A, B, ... X, in bold as user variables

[Image: image022.gif]

example of the conflict of variables
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10494.html
04-20-2018, 06:21 PM
That's funny, I am new to Prime, but user variables are working for me in my SOLVER Apps. Is this issue only for simultaneous equations?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)