Soft menu keys
04-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Soft menu keys
Probably a stupid question, but is there any way to access the soft menu keys using the hard keys or the rocker wheel? you can navigate the various on screen menus with the rocker wheel, bu I have not figured out how to work the menu buttons. I know the touch screen is supposed to be a selling point, but I like the hard keys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2018, 05:26 PM
RE: Soft menu keys
Hello,
no, at this time the system soft menu can be accessed only with the touch screen while user programs soft menu need to be programmed in order to be shown, detected and react accordingly.

I hope it helps,

Giancarlo
04-25-2018, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2018 05:28 PM by Tim Wessman.)
We tried to make it so you can navigate most things with the rocker d pad, but it just doesn't make sense for the menu buttons in any way we could come up with. Sorry!

If you can think of a good way to allow it, I'm up to give it a try. You are the first person to ever mention it I think however.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Hi Tim,
For instance, I do a fair amount of unit conversions. When you press "shift" "units", the Tools pop up menu is displayed. If you hit the down arrow on the pad, it scrolls down from "CONVERT" to "MKSA" to "UFACTOR" to "USIMPLIFY" Then back to the top "CONVERT". What I would propose is that when you tap the down pad from "USIMPLIFY" instead of going back to the top, it would continue down to "TOOLS". then you could use the left and right pad to navigate to "Units", "Const" and 'OK".

I'm sure there is probably a good reason not to do it that way, but that would be consistent with other menus on things like TVs. I am new to Prime, but have owned many HP RPN calculators over the years starting with HP 21 back in the day. Prime is replacing my 35s as the "daily driver". I have one at work and one in my home office. The Prime has really excellent keys. We could debate about which side the ENTER key belong, but lets not go there. Overall a pretty nice piece of design.
04-26-2018, 12:59 PM
(04-26-2018 12:22 PM)jtucker Wrote:  ... When you press "shift" "units", the Tools pop up menu is displayed. If you hit the down arrow on the pad, it scrolls down from "CONVERT" to "MKSA" to "UFACTOR" to "USIMPLIFY" Then back to the top "CONVERT". What I would propose is that when you tap the down pad from "USIMPLIFY" instead of going back to the top, it would continue down to "TOOLS". then you could use the left and right pad to navigate to "Units", "Const" and 'OK"...

There are left and right arrows on d-pad for moving within parent/child menu items. So, for me, that would be more logical to use left arrow for highlighting Tools softbutton than down arrow in your proposal. But, I don't think it is good idea at all.

Prime, 15C CE
04-27-2018, 07:03 PM
Yes I would propose using the left an right arrow buttons to navigate across the soft menu keys. And the down button to get to the soft menu buttons from lowest entry of the active parent menu. Currently the bottom arrow button moves from the lowest parent menu item to the top when pressed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)