Touch Periodic Table
04-30-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: Touch Periodic Table
The program is compatible with the new firmware Smile
http://mic.nic.free.fr/hp/HP_ELEMENTS_3.zip

http://mic.nic.free.fr - Youtube - Facebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2016, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 04:59 PM by ekeppel.)
Using the most recent version that I could find as a base (HP_ELEMENTS_3.zip in the above post), I've made some additions and modifications to improve it for my own use, and then decided to just release it in case others are interested. I hope the original author does not mind! :-D

Essentially, I've tried to clean up the code, fix bugs that I discovered, added keyboard navigation both on the main table and element details pages, and revised the help somewhat.

There is a partial change log in the code if you are interested in a more detailed list of changes.

Please forgive my poor coding skills, since this is my first attempt. I only received the calculator a couple of days ago and have had to teach myself the basics by trial and error as I went along. The built in editor in the Connectivity Kit is really sad (not even find/replace, crazy!), so I coded in Notepad++ and used copy/paste into the Connectivity Kit code window to test changes. Undecided

This runs on the latest firmware 10077, and has not been tested on other versions, so install at your own risk.

Eric

.zip  Elements 3.2.hpappdir.zip (Size: 434.43 KB / Downloads: 48)

EDIT: Simple installation instructions... Place the zip file in your '\Users\<your user name>\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Content' directory, open the connectivity kit and drag the zip file from the content pane to the calculator's 'Application Library' directory on the calculator pane. If you have an old app of the same name on your calculator you may need to delete it first or it may not transfer. Hope this works for everyone.
10-01-2016, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 12:04 PM by ekeppel.)
RE: Touch Periodic Table - Fix for r10637 transparency issue
Here is an update for Periodic Table 3.2:

The latest Prime firmware 2016.08.29 r10637 has broken (or fixed?) the RECT_P transparency, and with the 10637 firmware it was making the selected table element a black square instead of just highlighting or outlining it as it did for version r10077.

This version fixes that. Everything else seems to be fine from the limited testing that I did.

Eric

Attached File(s)
.zip  Elements 3.2.1.hpappdir.zip (Size: 434.83 KB / Downloads: 81)
10-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Hello,

I am new so maybe I am missing something obvious but when I run Elements (3.2.1) I go to the same screen as if click on Functions (but it does say Elements Symbolic View up top). If I go the program and check it says there is a syntax error on row 120. I am on Rev:10637

Please help, I am lost!

Thanks
10-09-2016, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 08:13 AM by Mic.)
Hi, send the full folder Elements.hpappdir on your calc and run the program by clicking on the Icon elements on the home screen.

10-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I thought I had done just that but I tried again based on your reply and realize I had dragged Elements.3.2.1.hpappdir.zip to the Contents window and then to the Application Library in the Calculators window. Doing that shows the Elements icon etc but I get the errors aforementioned. I unzipped the file and dragged just Elements.hpappdir to the Contents window (in my defense I had tried that before but must have messed it up then) and now it works.

Thank you!
04-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Hello,

I just downloaded the link fo the HP_ELEMENTS.

But when I run the programm on my calculator HP Prime, Ii received an error message ligne 122 : IF 0 <= x <= 51 THEN INPUT(Z,"Atomic number","Z="); MSGBOX(l2(Z)); elements(); END;

I put in the first and second ligne the code you just mentioned in your messages but ther is still this error message.

Can you help me ?

Thanks,
Alexia G.
05-01-2017, 02:11 PM
l2 or L2 ?

09-28-2017, 08:36 PM
I can confirm that this app still appears to be working fine under the latest firmware as of this post (Firmware Version 12066 / Hardware Rev. C).

--Eric
09-28-2017, 08:51 PM
(09-19-2015 03:47 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  I tried to download the .txt, but on Android the text is read by HTML viewer, with nothing visible. If I try to open it with QuickOffice, the filename is visible but greyed out.

I've opened and read hundreds of text files on Android. Use Astro file manager or efs file manager, both have built in viewers.
08-16-2018, 11:05 AM
(04-30-2016 05:13 PM)Mic Wrote:  The program is compatible with the new firmware Smile
http://mic.nic.free.fr/hp/HP_ELEMENTS_3.zip

Mic, I just downloaded that version and tested it on my Prime. It really is a great app, but here are the bugs I found:

1. The width of the word "Electron" doesn't quite fit into its tab. Not a big issue perhaps, but noticeable.

2. When you tap "Electron" you are shown the Electronegativity vs Atomic Number graphic. If you then press the Home button to return to the table of elements, the graphic sits behind the table of elements and looks quite bad. (The color legend is gone, having been replaced by that Electronegativity vs Atomic Number graphic.) If you then tap and drag to see the rightmost side of the table of elements, the table breaks apart. It seems you need to refresh the background before displaying the table of elements to fix this problem.

3. I fully understand that pressing Home always takes you back to the table of elements. But it would be nice to enable the Esc and On keys to also do that. That way the user has 3 commonly used ways of getting back to the main screen, which is the table of elements in this case.

If problem number 2 can be addressed, that would be a huge improvement to your already great periodic table. Thanks.
09-15-2018, 07:13 AM
thank you for your feedback

I will work on it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)