How to properly add apps via the MacOS Connectivity Kit
08-16-2018, 02:27 AM
How to properly add apps via the MacOS Connectivity Kit
I can't drag over an entire *.hpappdir folder from my Mac to the Application Library in the Connectivity Kit for some reason, although I can drag over an individual *.hpapp file. Is this a quirk in the MacOS version of the Connectivity Kit? What's the proper way to add apps?

Here's a screencast with audio showing the problem:

Be gentle. I'm still new to the Prime and never used the Connectivity Kit to add apps or even programs before.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2018, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2018 02:39 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: How to properly add apps via the MacOS Connectivity Kit
Collapse the tree and just drop in anywhere in the window. Does that behave differently? If that doesn't work, can you drop it first in your "content" folder and then try dragging from there?

You definitely never should need to place it internally on an object.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-16-2018, 03:00 AM
(08-16-2018 02:31 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Collapse the tree and just drop in anywhere in the window. Does that behave differently? If that doesn't work, can you drop it first in your "content" folder and then try dragging from there?

Collapsing the tree doesn't help, but using the Content section is a functional workaround. Thanks. I made another screencast to show you here:

08-16-2018, 03:52 AM
Tim, here's a repeatable crash of the Connectivity Kit on MacOS:

1. Launch the Connectivity Kit.
2. Attache your physical Prime to your MacOS computer and turn on the Prime and wait until it appears in the Conn. Kit.
3. Drag this file from your Desktop and onto your Prime in the left sidebar of the Conn. Kit.
4. Connectivity Kit will now crash. Here's the latest crash log I got:

https://cl.ly/0l0r2t3g262a
08-23-2018, 04:21 PM
James

I think Tim means to collape the tree of your program folder , not the tree in the CK.

Then drag the folder containing your program into the Content Folder and from there drag it in the >Application Library in the Calculator window in the CK.

BM
08-24-2018, 12:12 AM
(08-23-2018 04:21 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  I think Tim means to collape the tree of your program folder, not the tree in the CK.

Then drag the folder containing your program into the Content Folder and from there drag it in the >Application Library in the Calculator window in the CK.

Regardless of which tree, the only solution for me was to first drag to the Contents section, then subsequently drag from the Contents section to the Calculators panel above.

By the way, were you or anyone else here able to recreate my repeatable crash? No one mentioned anything about that.

I'm continuing to send Tim crash logs about Virtual Prime on the Mac though, via email. For your Mac users out there, please try this:

1. Open Virtual Prime and do nothing at all.
2. Switch to other apps and use them for a few hours.
3. Switch back to Virtual Prime and click the Toolbox icon.
4. Do you get a crash? (I do.)

Tim kindly fixed the crash on Quit bug that I reported, which is great, but there are still other areas that crash. There is also the bug that makes text vanish from the display of Virtual Prime. When that occurs, there is a tiny square with an "?" in the middle in place of all keyboard shortcuts in the menus of Virtual Prime. That indicates a FONT PROBLEM. I've reported this to Tim by email, but I would encourage my fellowing Virtually Prime using Mac users to test and share thoughts on that.

I seek to obliterate all the bugs from both the Connectivity Kit and Virtual Prime on the Mac. Connectivity Kit is very usable (again, I refer you to the workaround I found by moving programs and apps into the Contents section first), but Virtual Prime has numerous problems on the Mac that take all the joy and efficiency out of using it.

Thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)