New version of JOT Calculator!!!
09-10-2019, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 02:07 PM by toml_12953.)
New version of JOT Calculator!!!
For many people, the purchase of a $1.00 USD calculator was disappointing since the STAT function had been disabled in the later models. I can now report there's a new version out that DOES include the STAT function again. The downside is it no longer includes the slide on hard cover. Also, it no longer comes in a blister pack but now in a poly bag. See the photo.

[Image: JOT%20Calculator.jpg?dl=1]

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: New version of JOT Calculator!!!
Hello!

(09-10-2019 02:00 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Also, it no longer comes in a blister pack but now in a poly bag.

Which is the really good news because it saves arorund 90% of plastic plus some cardboard waste. They shold sell these things out of the box without any additional packaging. Serves no purpose at all.

Regards
Max
09-10-2019, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 05:58 PM by rprosperi.)
(09-10-2019 02:00 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  For many people, the purchase of a $1.00 USD calculator was disappointing since the STAT function had been disabled in the later models. I can now report there's a new version out that DOES include the STAT function again. The downside is it no longer includes the slide on hard cover. Also, it no longer comes in a blister pack but now in a poly bag. See the photo.

[Image: JOT%20Calculator.jpg?dl=1]

So, what you're saying is, I should replace the machine itself in the 2 of these sets I have (1 from you, Smile ) with new ones from the dollar store, and then I'll have 2 complete sets: machine, cover and blister pack. Sweet.

OCD? Who, me?

I guess the extra cost to fix the STATS function had to come from somewhere, and looks like the slide-on cover took the hit.

I guess the costs may have come from the original style packaging too. Either that, or it was to save the manufacturer and the sales chain some cost. Yes, maybe the latter, but as Max notes, the result is better for all.

Thanks Tom!

--Bob Prosperi
09-11-2019, 01:48 AM
(09-10-2019 04:10 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Which is the really good news because it saves arorund 90% of plastic plus some cardboard waste. They shold sell these things out of the box without any additional packaging. Serves no purpose at all.

Regards
Max

Of course, the savings in individual packaging waste is probably negated by the bulk packing waste used to protect all of the individual packages in their shipping case. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of Law of Waste Conservation* that prevents the reduction of waste past a certain point. Wouldn't a case of broken calculators be considered a box full of waste plastic? Smile

* Waste can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed from one form to another, perhaps?

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
09-11-2019, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2019 04:27 PM by toml_12953.)
(09-10-2019 05:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  So, what you're saying is, I should replace the machine itself in the 2 of these sets I have (1 from you, Smile ) with new ones from the dollar store, and then I'll have 2 complete sets: machine, cover and blister pack. Sweet.

OCD? Who, me?

I guess the extra cost to fix the STATS function had to come from somewhere, and looks like the slide-on cover took the hit.

I guess the costs may have come from the original style packaging too. Either that, or it was to save the manufacturer and the sales chain some cost. Yes, maybe the latter, but as Max notes, the result is better for all.

Thanks Tom!

The new bag makes it easy to check functionality in the store. If you check your local stores and can't find the new version, you know who to ask for one! Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)