HP-45 w/ “PC Removed”
11-11-2019, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 07:33 AM by cmholm.)
HP-45 w/ “PC Removed”
Some years back, a ham operator around the corner from me passed away, and I picked up an HP-45 from the estate yard sale. I moved overseas for a bit, and 8 years later, the bugger pops out of storage, and I’m left to ponder what sort of mod the previous owner made. “PC removed”? 4.5v? Did he remove a voltage controller? It runs fine on its wall wart.        
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2019, 08:58 AM
RE: HP-45 w/ “PC Removed”
Hello!

(11-11-2019 07:16 AM)cmholm Wrote:  “PC removed”?

I don't know why he called them "PC", because in fact he removed the "BC"s: The battery contacts. The points to which he soldered the yellow wires used to be the springs which connect to the recharcheable battery pack. Why he bothered to attach those wires between the battery contacts and the charger plug I don't understand, because that connection is already there internally.

Regards
Max
11-11-2019, 10:00 AM
(11-11-2019 07:16 AM)cmholm Wrote:  Some years back, a ham operator around the corner from me passed away, and I picked up an HP-45 from the estate yard sale. I moved overseas for a bit, and 8 years later, the bugger pops out of storage, and I’m left to ponder what sort of mod the previous owner made. “PC removed”? 4.5v? Did he remove a voltage controller? It runs fine on its wall wart.

Power Contacts ??

cheers

Tony
11-11-2019, 02:39 PM
(11-11-2019 08:58 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Why he bothered to attach those wires between the battery contacts and the charger plug I don't understand, because that connection is already there internally.

I think that’s an optical trick of the photo. The upper ends of the wires are both unattached.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)