HP 17Bii LET & GET misunderstanding?
12-05-2019, 08:01 AM
HP 17Bii LET & GET misunderstanding?
Probably a rookie mistake on my part, but I don't see why this calculation doesn't work:

MX = L(D:HM-HR)x0,95+HR+0xL(FR:G(D)x0,8+HR)+0xL(WL:G(D)x0,65+HR)+0x(FR+WL)

MX = heart rate threshold
HM = maximum heart rate
HR = resting heart rate
FR = fitness range
WL = weight loss range

When entering HM and HR (179 and 43, in my case) I get the correct value for MX. But when I try to display the value for FR or WL, I get "SOLUTION NOT FOUND".

What am I missing here? Thanks a lot!

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2019, 12:29 PM
RE: HP 17Bii LET & GET misunderstanding?
(12-05-2019 08:01 AM)jthole Wrote:  Probably a rookie mistake on my part, but I don't see why this calculation doesn't work:

MX = L(D:HM-HR)x0,95+HR+0xL(FR:G(D)x0,8+HR)+0xL(WL:G(D)x0,65+HR)+0x(FR+WL)

MX = heart rate threshold
HM = maximum heart rate
HR = resting heart rate
FR = fitness range
WL = weight loss range

When entering HM and HR (179 and 43, in my case) I get the correct value for MX. But when I try to display the value for FR or WL, I get "SOLUTION NOT FOUND".

What am I missing here? Thanks a lot!

Since FR and WL don't affect the value of the equation (because of 0*L(...)) the 17BII can't really "solve" for them. But since you're setting them using L() as a side effect of solving for MX, you can press RCL FR or RCL WL to retrieve those values after solving for MX.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: HP 17Bii LET & GET misunderstanding?
(12-05-2019 12:29 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Since FR and WL don't affect the value of the equation (because of 0*L(...)) the 17BII can't really "solve" for them. But since you're setting them using L() as a side effect of solving for MX, you can press RCL FR or RCL WL to retrieve those values after solving for MX.

Thanks!!

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)