Testing the latest version of MyBB
05-27-2014, 05:05 AM
Testing the latest version of MyBB
Seems to be working.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 05:06 AM by Dave Hicks.)
RE: Testing the latest version of MyBB
Reply works.

(Quick edit works.)

(Full edit works.)
05-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Making sure code blocks still work:
Code:
    BBB CCC
AAA BBB CCC
    BBB CCC
05-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Sort order preserved across pages is still broken. Set to sort by post date, goto page 2 and list is of 2nd page items in original order, thus one cannot really view the complete list in asc or desc order (at least by date, possibly other field sorting is preseved across pages, but I never look that way).

Thanks for keeping is updated Dave.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2014, 03:52 PM
(05-27-2014 02:10 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Sort order preserved across pages is still broken. Set to sort by post date, goto page 2 and list is of 2nd page items in original order, thus one cannot really view the complete list in asc or desc order (at least by date, possibly other field sorting is preseved across pages, but I never look that way).

This seems to work for me. I tried all the sort-by and ascending/descending combinations and they all worked. Maybe it's something in your settings that causes it to not work for you. I'm using the default values in Forum Display Options.

-katie

05-27-2014, 05:11 PM
(05-27-2014 03:52 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  
(05-27-2014 02:10 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Sort order preserved across pages is still broken. Set to sort by post date, goto page 2 and list is of 2nd page items in original order, thus one cannot really view the complete list in asc or desc order (at least by date, possibly other field sorting is preserved across pages, but I never look that way).

This seems to work for me. I tried all the sort-by and ascending/descending combinations and they all worked. Maybe it's something in your settings that causes it to not work for you. I'm using the default values in Forum Display Options.

Try the General Software Library:
Sort by: Last Post
Order: Descending

Now switch to 2nd page:
Sort by: Last Post
Order: Ascending

The problem is that the ordering changes.

Cheers
Thomas
05-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I see. That's weird and doesn't seem to happen everywhere. Not in the General Forum or Prime or others that's I've tried.

Dave, could this be a setting problem on certain forums?

-katie

05-28-2014, 01:41 AM
I believe it's the same as this.
05-28-2014, 03:41 AM
Yes, this is the one I was commenting on - still not fixed. I was hoping the new version had it fixed, though it was remarkably soon after noting it was reported.

Katie: It's funny it's OK in the forums I don't do that in. Haven't tested it all around, but it seems to occur in those forums which are not sorted by date by default, so indeed it could be some setting.

Anyow, not a big issue, was just checking.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)